Cheap flights to Fukuoka, Japan
Fukuoka is the capital city of Fukuoka Prefective and is located in Japan, on the island of Kyushu. It's also the largest and most populated city, with newly built structures and a very modern and lively atmosphere. This destination has an interesting history. It was an important harbour city, for many centuries and the Mongols used it as a landing point in the 13th century. This city was once divided in two, Hakata and Fukuoka, prior to merging in 1889. The main station still uses the name Hakata and the port bears the same name. If you love the busy city life, this destination is for you. You'll also enjoy it if you appreciate nature, peace and tranquillity, as there are a number of beautiful public parks to visit, islands and temples too. Uminonakamichi Seaside Park is the perfect place for a family outing. It's a ferry or train ride away downtown and it has a swimming pool, amusement rides and Sea World, with an impressive variety of marine life and penguins. Tochoji Temple is a religious site and home to the giant statue of Buddha. The Great Buddha of Fukuoka stands at 33 feet and is a definite must-see. This temple is very peaceful and a welcome haven away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Nokonoshima Island, located in Hakata Bay, is known for its breathtaking landscape, which is adorned with beautiful, rare flowers and plant species.
Best Time to Fly to Fukuoka
The spring season falls between the months of March and April and during this period pretty cherry blossoms are in full bloom, making the city extraordinarily scenic. The weather is also quite pleasant with comfortably mild temperatures. Autumn, between September and October, is also favoured for its good weather. FFukuoka celebrates the Golden Week in May with festivals like Hakatu Dontaku, which is known as being the oldest of its kind and attracts millions of visitors. Street processions fill the streets and decorated floats are an amazing sight to see.
The weather is very humid during June and July and the rainfall is significantly heavy too. You should find cheaper flights around this period for a summer vacation if the weather is not a deal breaker for you.
Getting around Fukuoka
Most locals and tourists use the metro to get around. It's fast, convenient and connected to most major tourist spots.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Fukuoka
USA departure airports for flights to Fukuoka
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Fukuoka
Useful information about Fukuoka
More useful information about Fukuoka
- There are plenty of temples, shrines, and museums to explore filled with Japan’s history and culture.
- The peak seasons are when the Japanese are on holiday: New Year’s, Golden Week, and the Obon Festival.
- After your direct flight to Japan, take a tour of Ryoanji Temple which houses a famous Zen garden.
- Your last minute flight to Japan will land you in the middle of modern culture and technology at its best.
- One way flights to Japan can land at Tokyo Haneda Airport or Fukuoka Airport.
- Take a trip to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Memorial Park.
- The end of August through September is typhoon season in Japan.
- Japan has the world’s most efficient train service from the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to steam locomotives.
Other user searches
- Phoenix to Buffalo flights
- Flights to Israel
- College Station to Karaganda flights
- Flights from Lanai City to Belize
- Flights from Springdale Municipal to Petrolina
- Cheap Beijing flights
- Flights to Prague
- Cheapest flights to Charleston International
- Cheap flights to Reno from Louisville
- New York to Korea flights