Flights from Chicago (CHI) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Chicago to Fort Lauderdale
How much do things cost in Fort Lauderdale and Chicago?
Additional useful information for Fort Lauderdale
If you need a break from breezy Chicago, board a flight to sunny Fort Lauderdale, where cruises on the water and sunbathing on sandy beaches take center stage. Flights last around two and a half hours, making this South Florida destination a short hop from either major Chicago airport. Plus, with tons of direct flights leaving every day, you have endless options for planning a Fort Lauderdale getaway any time of year.
How long is the flight from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale?
A flight from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale lasts just over two and a half hours from take-off to landing. If you have a connection in another city, expect a trip of upwards of four and a half hours.
Which airlines operate flights from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale?
Plenty of airlines offer direct flights from Chicago O'Hare International to Fort Lauderdale, including United, American Airlines, JetBlue, and Spirit. You can also find direct flights from Southwest Airlines leaving from Midway International.
How frequent are flights between Chicago abd Fort Lauderdale?
More than a dozen flights leave from Chicago O'Hare International for Fort Lauderdale every day, most between 5 a.m. and 6 p.m. You can also find around four direct flights a day leaving from Midway International for Fort Lauderdale. If you can't find a direct flight to fit your schedule, consider a flight with a connection in another city. Most flights to Fort Lauderdale connect in Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
Which airports serve Chicago and Fort Lauderdale?
Chicago O'Hare International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in the Chicago metro area, offering the widest range of flight options for your trip. You can also find some Fort Lauderdale flights leaving from the smaller Midway International Airport.
When you book a flight to Fort Lauderdale, chances are you're set to land in Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the area's major passenger airport. Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport is another small airport serving the area, although flight options are much more limited.
Which direct flight route between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale is cheapest?
The most affordable non-stop flights generally run from Chicago O'Hare International Airport to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, but you can occasionally find lower prices leaving from Midway International Airport.
A short flight transports you from the windy streets of busy Chicago to the sandy beaches and tropical resorts of Fort Lauderdale, a city that embraces its balmy coastal locale. Transportation here differs from the trains and Metro buses of Chicago. Yachts, sailboats, and cruisers float along the Intracoastal Waterway, and water taxis bring visitors to shore-side restaurants for fresh seafood. Chicago natives can also prepare for a much warmer South Florida climate with temperatures hovering in the 70's and 80's F most of the year.
Your tropical beach vacation in Fort Lauderdale awaits, so what's stopping you? Find the ideal flight using our smart search engine to start planning your warm-weather getaway.
Other user searches
- Massena to Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam
- Southwest Airlines
- Flights to St Kitts and Nevis from Indianapolis
- Flights to Metropolitan Oakland International
- Sarasota to Orlando
- Anchorage to Durban flights
- Cheap Khartoum flights
- Flights from St Louis to Nebraska
- Flights McNary Field to Chios
- Flights from Santa Maria to Vienna
Facts and figures about flying from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale
- The most popular aircraft flying between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale is a Boeing 737-800 (winglets)
- Between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale American Airlines Inc. operates 143 flights per week
- There’s not much chance of diversions on flights between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale
- Flights from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale have 1453 passenger seats available each day
- A delay of 45 mins is common when flying from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale
- For flights between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale, the typical cancellation rate is 2.1 percent
- Flights from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale offer a Boeing 757 Mixed as the largest available aircraft
- Flights from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale most frequently use Charlotte/Douglas International as a connection
- The smallest aircraft operating flights from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale is the Airbus A319
Popular routes to Fort Lauderdale
- New York to Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale from Atlanta
- Flights to Fort Lauderdale from Newark
- Flights Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale
- Flights from Boston to Fort Lauderdale
- Flights to Fort Lauderdale from Houston
- Flights to Fort Lauderdale from Dallas
- Flights to Fort Lauderdale from Detroit
- Cheap flights from Washington to Fort Lauderdale