Cheap flights to Chandigarh, India
When is the best time to fly to Chandigarh?
Chandigarh has pleasant weather during the fall months from August to November when it is not too hot or cold. The comfortable weather makes it the ideal season to visit Chandigarh.
Summer months from April to July are very hot with the maximum temperatures soaring up to 111°F. The hot weather makes it difficult for traveling and sightseeing.
The winter months from November to February are relatively mild though it can get quite chilly on certain days with the average temperatures remaining at a minimum of 39°F and maximum of 57°F.
The city of Chandigarh in northern India is a union territory and the capital of the two northern states of Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh is the first planned city of post-independence India and is known worldwide for its urban design and architecture. Conceived by Le Corbusier, the Swiss architect who wanted to build a people-oriented city with civic buildings, grand boulevards, gardens and lakes. The city plan comprises of 47 sectors that are linked by a network of busy highways. While each sector is self-contained, certain sectors are more frequented by travelers. Museum enthusiasts would prefer Sector 10 to visit the Government Museum and Art Gallery. Visitors can find a variety of shops and restaurants in Sector 17 while many hotels are located in Sector 22. As the cleanest and well-planned city of India, it has also emerged as a crucial tourist hub. The various attractions include the two themed gardens that are of international repute. Rock Garden in sector 1 has been designed by Nek Chand Saini and includes a grand artwork of sculptures made out of various types of discarded materials. While in sector 16 is the largest rose garden in Asia- Zakir Hussain Rose Garden that spreads over an area of 30 acres covered with an eye-popping 1600 species of roses. Another picturesque spot is the beautiful man-made Sukhna Lake surrounded by the magnificent Shivalik range and lush greenery. Apart from being a major picnic spot for families, it is also the venue for water-sport activities such as rowing, yachting, boating and water-skiing.
Getting around Chandigarh
Hop on hop off coach is a very popular mode of local transport for the tourists. The double decker coach has an open top roof and follows a circular route to cover the major tourist attractions in the city. Regular bus services are an integral part of the local transportation, provided by Chandigarh Transport Undertaking.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Chandigarh’s domestic airport (IXC), which is well connected with the National Capital of New Delhi and other important cities, is at a distance of just under 7 miles from the downtown area. The airport has a good Tourist Information Center. Taxis are easily available for transfer from the airport to the city and various tourist destinations. Taxi services include Radio taxi, Mega Cabs and Radio auto rickshaw. They operate on fixed rates per kilometre. Car rental services with chauffeur or self-driven are also available from the airport.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Chandigarh
USA departure airports for flights to Chandigarh
Interesting information about Chandigarh
More useful information about Chandigarh
- While there, see the wild life in its natural habitat at Kaziranga National Park.
- Take a last minute flight to see the Sun Temple of Konark which was constructed in the 13th century.
- Visitors to India most frequently fly into Indira Ghandi Airport in Delhi.
- Book direct flights to India to visit the Taj Mahal or walk the picturesque beaches in Goa.
- Generally, the best time to take a one way flight to India is January through September.
- Instead of Bombay, India's citizens prefer their capital city to be referred to as Mumbai.
- Chess was invented in India in the 6th century, during the Gupta Empire.
- Delhi, India’s capital, has thousands of years of history in its buildings and streets.
- India is bordered by the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, and Indian Ocean.
Other user searches
- Flight to San Francisco
- Cheapest flights to Sao Paulo
- Cheap George Bush Intercontinental to St Kitts and Nevis flights
- Chicago to Eugene flights
- Houston to Cuba flights
- Daytona Beach to Kuala Lumpur
- Spokane International flights
- Flights to Bora Bora from New York
- Flights from Sacramento to Chicago
- Los Angeles to Las Vegas