Cheap flights to Roma, Australia
If you're looking for an authentic experience of an Australian country town, then the town of Roma, situated in the heart of Western Queensland is a fascinating destination. Located five hours drive west of Brisbane, this small heritage town has been an important center for the country's oil and gas industry. One of the must see attractions in the town is The Big Rig, a memorial to the town's industry, featuring self guided walks and a stunning light and sound show at night. Around the Big Rig, you can take a ride on the Roma Express, a miniature train that was originally designed to carry large heavy loads. The town is also home to Australia's largest cattle center at the Roma Saleyards, which gives visitors the exciting opportunity to see real live cattle sales in action. As a testament to its colorful history, there are many buildings around the town that have important historic significance. You can discover them by following the local Heritage Trail, which highlights some of the town's fascinating features, including St Paul's Anglican Church and the School of Arts. The town's first settlement at the Mt Abundance Homestead also offers an insight into the town's origins and can be explored by taking a walking tour. Local heritage buildings each offer their own unique stories, such as the historic Lenroy Slab Hut that was built entirely by hand from timber in 1893, and the Courthouse, the site of an infamous cattle rustler trial. Roma is a fascinating place to become absorbed in Queensland history and legend. If you want to immerse yourself in the living history of one of Queensland's most important economies and enjoy a unique outback experience, there's no better place to visit.
Best Time to Fly to Roma
Roma's humid climate means that temperatures are generally warm throughout the year, with the hottest temperatures rising to 86 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months. If you want to visit during the summer period then book a trip here in December or January.
Temperatures in the area can drop below freezing in the winter months, so if you don't mind cooler weather, this is likely to be a more economical time to visit.
Getting around Roma
Taxi cab companies can be used within the town. There are also a number of local bus routes that operate within the area. If you want to travel further afield, you can take The Westlander train service to nearby towns in the direction of Brisbane.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to Queensland
Interesting information about Roma
More useful information about Roma
- Sydney is Australia's oldest city and has international style and superb dining.
- Looking for daily deals while in Australia? Groupon and Living Social have a presence there too.
- If you are looking for Australian beaches, Bondi Beach in Sydney should be a first stop.
- Last minute flight deals to Australia can be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- The 'real' Tasmanian Devil is found on the island of Tasmania, and is the size of a small dog.
- Book a direct flight to Australia to see bizarre wildlife and beautiful beaches.
- Take a one way flight to Australia and you'll will be picking up some of the local slang in no time.
- Want to visit the capital city? It's little-known Canberra; not Sydney or Melbourne.
- Some of Australia's six states are New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- The off season in Australia is June through August when winter is in full effect.