Journey to the banks of the River Avon for the quaint country peacefulness of Stratford Upon Avon. England flights wouldn’t be complete without a visit to this birthplace of William Shakespeare, one of Britain’s most famous sons. After your flight to England lands, explore the local Shakespearean history or head out to the beautiful Cotswolds in the Warwickshire countryside.
Stratford-Upon-Avon Travel Information
You might not have enough time to read the Complete Works of William Shakespeare during your trip to Stratford-upon-Avon, but be sure to pick up one of the Bard’s classics before your Stratford-upon-Avon flight so that you can fully appreciate a visit to his homestead. The town is full of buildings, taverns, performance spaces and churches that are connected to England’s most famous playwright in one way or another: The Royal Shakespeare Company, Shakespeare’s grave at the Holy Trinity Church and his birthplace round out a complete itinerary that’ll turn you into a Shakespeare expert before the end of your Stratford-upon-Avon trip.
Though Stratford-upon-Avon is ideal for walking tours with its pristine natural beauty and carefully preserved historic charm, take a break and step inside for some live theater and performance art while you’re in town. The Royal Shakespeare Company is world-renowned for the quality of its productions, and Stratford-upon-Avon’s Civic Hall is open to local music, dance and theatre acts.
Grab a cheap flight to Stratford-upon-Avon during October for the Stratford on Avon Music Festival, which provides several performances over the festival’s course of nine days.
USA departure airports for flights to Stratford-Upon-Avon
Flights to England
More useful information about Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.
Other user searches
- Flights to Las Vegas
- Santa Barbara to Bangkok International flights
- Flights to Yellowstone from Chicago
- Flights to Rome from Key West
- Seattle to Maui
- Flights to Seattle
- Flights to Bangalore from San Francisco
- Cheap New Castle Airport to Mayotte flights
- Miami to San Juan flights
- Santa Barbara to Mexico