Think Hans Christian Andersen’s storyland meets modern-day technology and design, and you’ve got a grasp of Copenhagen’s culture. Denmark’s capital stays true to its traditional roots while throwing a bit of contemporary motif in the mix. Whatever the reason for booking flights to Copenhagen – quiet resorts or eclectic nightlife, the opera or the cinema, castles or sidewalk cafes – you can find it here.
Copenhagen is flanked with narrow streets and little houses under a skyline of tall modern buildings. Between the contemporary architecture and the 17th-century buildings lies the greenest city in Europe. It’s not likely you’ll fly to Copenhagen on a hybrid jetliner, but once you’re in the city air-pollution laws take flight. Copenhagen enforces strict commuter rules – bikes outnumber cars and the Tivoli (one of the world famous “green spaces”) is a central attraction to Copenhagen travelers. Take a deep breath after your Copenhagen flight at one of the city’s open-air restaurants and cafes.
Copenhagen experiences four seasons but sees the most traffic during its in cool summers and ski-worthy winters. Those booking flights to Copenhagen between the months of May and September will experience temperatures near 68 degrees F, while those opting to visit Denmark’s capital city in late autumn and early winter will find themselves reaching for extra layers to block out the impending chill.
Best Time to Fly to Copenhagen
There’s no wrong time to book your Copenhagen flight. This charming Scandinavian city is perfect for a visit any time of year.
Peak Season: Copenhagen is enchanting when the snow starts falling in December and the cool spring days attract tourists in hordes through mid-September.
Off-peak Season: Try looking for cheap flights to Copenhagen in the transitional seasons of autumn and spring: Though brisker than the summer months, spring and fall experience less rain and comfortable temperatures.
Getting around Copenhagen
It’s easy to keep saving money after your cheap flight to Copenhagen. Borrow a bicycle with CityBikes, a free service that lets visitors pedal their way around the city. You will have to leave a small deposit that is fully refundable when you and your bike return. The next-cheapest way to get around is by buying a Klippekort, worth 10 trips on the metro or bus. To go beyond Copenhagen, you may want to purchase a ScanRail pass, which offers discounts on travel through Denmark and other Scandinavian countries.
Copenhagen Travel Information
- Before boarding your flight to Copenhagen, purchase a CPH Card to save on transportation, museum entry fees, eating out and even souvenir shopping. The CPH card, which is valid for 24-hours or 72-hour increments, can be purchased online up to 10 days before your trip to Copenhagen. If you forgot to order your CPH Card before your cheap flight to Copenhagen, don’t fret - the CPH Card is available to purchase at tourist offices throughout Denmark, as well as at the airport and all major train stations.
- Denmark is home to the world’s oldest monarchy.The Danish Royal Family has lived in Copenhagen since 1417 and no trip to Copenhagen is complete without a trip to Amalienborg Palace, where the reigning monarch, Queen Margrethe II, currently resides. A visit to the Amalienborg Museum offers a glimpse at life within the palace walls including precious objects owned by the Royal family. Keep an eye out for the changing of the Royal Guard: The parade leaves from the Rosenborg Palace each day around 11:30 am and arrives at Amalienborg Palace at exactly noon.
- Fans of Hans Christian Andersen’s fabled story, The Little Mermaid, will delight in the statue honoring the favorite fairy tale. Copenhagen’s most popular attraction watches over the habor since its 1913 unveiling. If you booked flights to Copenhagen for an end-of-August vacation, don’t miss a trip the waterfront for the statue’s birthday. The celebration includes a host of festivities. In 2008, the statue will turn 95, and 95 young girls will jump into the water and swim to form the number “95” in the waves.
- The Tivoli Gardens provide a romantic urban oasis to Danish dwellers and foreigners since 1874. The Gardens also host several concerts and theatrical events at the Pantomine Theatre and the Glass Hall throughout the year. The amusement park rides are entertaining recent additions to the grounds of Tivoli Gardens, so go for a hair-raising ride on the Demon rollercoaster and shake off the jetlag from your Copenhagen flight.
- The winters in Copenhagen may chill you to the core, but the events scheduled during the winter are reasons enough to consider booking cheap flights to Copenhagen and braving the cold. February calls all fashionistas eager to check out new styles at the International Fashion Fair, as well as Copenhagen Fashion Weekend. Art shows provide entertainment during the winter months, so be sure to read up on Copenhagen events before boarding your flight to Copenhagen.
Flight deals to Copenhagen
USA departure airports for flights to Copenhagen
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Copenhagen
- New York (NYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Washington (WAS)
- Miami (MIA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Newark (EWR)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Denver (DEN)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Austin (AUS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Ontario (ONT)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
This is useful information about Copenhagen
More useful information about Copenhagen
- EasyJet serves passengers looking to fly to Copenhagen.
Other user searches
- Flights New York to Las Vegas
- Flight to New York
- Flights from Anchorage to Los Angeles
- Fresno to Palm Springs
- St Louis to Houston flights
- Flights to Bahamas
- Flights from Rio Grande Valley International to Bush Field
- Cheap Sioux Falls to Amritsar flights
- Cheap Buffalo to American Samoa flights
- Cheap flights from Pittsburgh to Jamaica