Albufeira is famous for its nightlife. So don’t be afraid to book a late flight to Portugal; the party will still be going when you get there. Younger tourists love this resort town in Faro, but families and retirees frequent the city as well. Albufeira was once a trading port for the Moors, and dates back to the Roman Empire. But it declined for centuries until tourism brought the city back to life in the 1970s. Now Portugal flights bring you to a lovely town filled with cobblestone streets and whitewashed, blue-tiled houses. Relax on the golden sand beach – with the sea to your front and towering cliffs looming behind you. The bars and clubs can be found on Rua Candido dos Reis, but those wanting a calmer night out on the town can dine out in one of the pubs or cafés on the main square.
Albufeira Travel Information
- All the beaches round Albufeira have soft sand and fantastic rock formations. The Old Town beach has one in a conical shape slap bang in the middle.
- The nightlife is contagious. You couldn’t miss it if you tried. So don’t try - follow the crowds to "The Strip" when the sun sets and take in a bit of the Algarve's most fabulous night scene.
- Look for some old fishing boats in the marina. Some of them still have the large eye painted on them to ward off evil.
Flights to Portugal
More useful information about Albufeira
- Fatima is a spot of spiritual importance, and visitors from around the world take part in a pilgrimage.
- Sintra is home to some of Portugal’s most picturesque man-made sights, including technicolor castles and mansions.
- Spend an evening out in the cobblestone streets of Bairro Alto.
- The Douro Valley in Costa Verde produces the region’s famous port wine.
- Cooling sea breezes drive visitors on to last minute flights to Portugal in droves from May through September.
- Book a flight to Portugal for picturesque natural scenery and miles and miles of coastline.
- Take a direct flight to Portugal and explore medieval towns, windswept coastlines, and romantic hideaways.
- Most one way flights to Portugal touch down at Lisbon International Airport.