London Heathrow Airport (LHR) is the busiest airport in the United Kingdom, and the fourth-busiest in the world, in terms of passenger traffic. However, Heathrow has the distinction of handling more international passengers than any other airport in the world – a testament to its importance as a transit-point for intercontinental travel.
Flights to Heathrow Airport are provided by an incredible 90 airlines, serving 180 destinations worldwide. Heathrow is home-base for British Airways, which operate direct and indirect flights to basically every major city you can think of, from Heathrow's beautiful, new Terminal 5 building.
London – a compelling, cosmopolitan city – certainly has an appropriate gateway in Heathrow Airport: a highly modern, convenient hub that is truly geared toward providing the best possible experience to travelers. Located 15 miles (24km) from central London, there are plenty of easy, hassle-free transport options available to travelers looking to get downtown. The flocks of tourists, who are no doubt going to descend on London for the 2012 Olympic Games, can look forward to a warm welcome and efficient service.
Flight deals to Heathrow
USA departure airports for flights to Heathrow
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Heathrow
- New York (NYC)
- Boston (BOS)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Miami (MIA)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Washington (WAS)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Houston (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Austin (AUS)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Louisville (SDF)
- Portland (PDX)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
Useful information about Heathrow
More useful information about Heathrow
- Rail travel is a tremendous way to get around England domestically.
- In 2003, the country saw the highest temperature ever, with one day's high over 100 degrees.
- It's always peak season when visiting London.
- The first public zoo in the world opened in London, England in 1829.
- Booking last minute flights to England can be great as long as your passport/papers are in order.
- A visit to England can be cheaper than expected if you stay outside of London.
- Direct flights to England from eastern seaboard cities are abundant.
- One way flights to England can be great money savers.
- Small, outlying towns often offer great winter deals if you like toasty fires and cozy pubs.
- While eating breakfast in medieval England, you might find beer as one of the beverage options.