Cheap flights to Frankfurt, Germany
Frankfurt flights put you in the center of Germany’s financial and business center, and one of the most industrial cities in Germany. Frankfurt is home to more than 2,000 factories, Germany’s central bank and the stock exchange, so it’s no wonder Frankfurt flights are packed with international business travelers converging for meetings and conferences. But when you book a flight to Frankfurt, you’ll see more than big sells and manufacturing.
Frankfurt is one of Germany’s largest cultural cities and a huge supporter of the arts. Travelers book airline tickets to Frankfurt for ground-breaking art expositions and international trade fairs. The world-famous International Book Fair attracts writers and authors booking cheap flights to Frankfurt to meet with international publishers for the sale of book rights and translations. In between expos and exhibitions, visitors can admire Europe’s tallest office building, enjoy five-star cuisine and shop retail boutiques before boarding a Frankfurt flight back home.
Summers are warm and fluctuate between sunny and rainy. Spring and fall are mild with temperatures in the 50s and 60s (Fahrenheit), and winter is cold with wet days. July and August are the warmest months with temperatures usually in the mid- to upper-70s, which make them good months for last minute flights to Frankfurt. January is the coldest month with temperatures in the mid-20s.
Best Time to Fly to Frankfurt
The tourist season runs from May to late October, and the major convention season covers March through May, September, and October. Travelers booking flights to Frankfurt for a business convention should book early and reserve hotel rooms ahead of time.
Even with the heat, rain, and crowds of June and August, you can find cheap plane tickets to Frankfurt. The cold and stormy weather of November through February generally brings fewer visitors than the rest of the year.
Getting around Frankfurt
Frankfurt has a great public transportation system. The RMV (Rhein-Main Verkehrsverbund) sends efficient, modern subways, trams and buses all over the city. You can get unlimited travel around Frankfurt with a Frankfurt Card. You could rent a car if you’d like. You can find reasonably priced parking downtown, but battling traffic, construction and accidents could eat into your sightseeing time.
Frankfurt Travel Information
- Frankfurt is not just a banking city. It is also a trade-fair centre, attracting travellers on cheap flights to Frankfurt for events such as the International Music Trade Fair, International Jazz Festival, Wilhelmstrassenfest Theatrium street festival, the world’s largest Book Fair, and a month-long Christmas Fair.
- Lots of museums in Frankfurt are closed Mondays. Wednesdays are a good day for budget-conscious travellers. Many museums have free admission then.
- Swimming and inline skating are popular pastimes in Frankfurt. The swimming centres offer more than lengths; they often have slides, waterfalls, and other amusements. On Tuesday nights, between March and October, inline skaters take to the road for a free, 42km skate. The event starts at the Ignatz Bubis Bridge.
- You can dance the night away at Frankfurt's many clubs. The city is also a leading centre for jazz. Sound of Frankfurt, a giant, outdoor music festival, is held every July with live bands, DJs, techno, house, rock, rap, and Latin American music.
- Frankfurt's "Left Bank" district - Sachsenhausen - is where you’ll find Apfelwein (apple wine) taverns. The Apfelwein tradition dates back to the 1790s. A tavern with a pine wreath over its door makes its own apple wine.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Frankfurt
USA departure airports for flights to Frankfurt
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Frankfurt
- New York (NYC)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Washington (WAS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Miami (MIA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Boston (BOS)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Austin (AUS)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Newark (EWR)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Denver (DEN)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- St Louis (STL)
- Columbus (CMH)
Interesting information about Frankfurt
More useful information about Frankfurt
- Lufthansa offers international flights to Frankfurt.
- Summers in Frankfurt are warm and fluctuate between sunny and rainy.
- The city has fests throughout the year including the International Music Trade Fair and International Jazz Festival.
- Take a last minute flight to Frankfurt and head to Sachsenhausen to find Apfelwein (apple wine) taverns.
- After your direct flight to Frankfurt, you can admire Europe’s tallest office building.
- Most one way flights to Frankfurt land at Frankfurt Airport (FRA).
- Frankfurt is the financial and business center and one of the most industrial cities in Germany.
- The RMV (Rhein-Main Verkehrsverbund) sends efficient, modern subways, trams and buses all over the city.
- For getting around, bicycling is a popular activity in Frankfurt.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights to Puerto Rico
- Lanai to Williamson County Regional
- Abacos cheap flights
- Flights Oklahoma City from Dallas
- Frontier Airlines
- Flights from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach
- Flights to Tallahassee Regional from Santa Maria Public/Capt. G. Allan Hancock Field
- Sioux City to Venice
- Washington to Bahamas
- Cheap flights to Florida