Cheap flights to Bremen, Germany
Famous for its character and charm, Bremen is a city well worth a visit for those with a penchant for history. Located in North West Germany on the River Weser, this Hanseatic city has a history that dates back well over a century. Traces of its past are everywhere evident when you take a stroll along the harbour or through the city's Altstadt (the Old Town). Perhaps the most well-known site to see is the Gothic style Town Hall that serves as the city's focal point which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marvel at the impressive architecture or stop by for a drink in the historical restaurant known as the Ratskeller located beneath the Town Hall. With over 600 varieties, visitors can enjoy sampling the very best wines Germany has to offer whilst enjoying the mesmerising surroundings complete with vintage wine barrels and ornate decor. Other points of interest include the Schnoor quarter and the Schlachte embankment. Previously home to fishermen's and sailor's houses of the 17th and 18th centuries, today a trip down this maze of lanes will present you with a collection of welcoming cafes and art galleries. Head to the Schlachte embankment in the evening to enjoy the beautiful view from the medieval harbour from one of the pubs or bars dotted along the coast.
Best Time to Fly to Bremen
For those hoping to catch Bremen at its warmest, it's worth planning your trip in the months of June, July or August. With much to see and do outside, such as exploring the Altstadt and Marktplatz (Market Square), dry weather would no doubt be a plus. That being said, since snow fall is rare due to Bremen's oceanic climate, enjoying this beautiful city in the colder months should not deter you. A visit during the festive months around Christmas and New Year is also worth considering due to the atmospheric Christmas Markets that are said to be some of the most enchanting in Germany. Enjoy regional specialities such as smoked fish or stay warm with a mug of mulled wine against the historical backdrop of fine architecture.
Getting around Bremen
Once you find yourself in Bremen, getting around is simple. With many sites within walking distance from one another, you will find that navigating your way through this quaint city need not be expensive or complex. As one of Germany's most bike-friendly cities, consider hiring a bicycle from the train station to enjoy the scenery as the locals do.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Bremen
USA departure airports for flights to Bremen
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Bremen
- New York (NYC)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Diego (SAN)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Orlando (MCO)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Boston (BOS)
- Miami (MIA)
- Washington (WAS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Huntsville (HSV)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Denver (DEN)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Newark (EWR)
- Omaha (OMA)
Useful information about Bremen
More useful information about Bremen
- Comparable to a pub in the UK, a gasthaus is a family-run eatery.
- Germany has 16 states or Bundesländer which can be visited by train.
- Get a last minute flight to Germany to castles and gardens maintained by Europe’s most elite.
- The busiest season for direct flights to Germany is May to late October.
- Make sure to find time to visit Germany's castles and picturesque villages.
- Good deals on one way flights to Germany can be had if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- Find good pilsners and other lagers served in bars on your flight to Germany.
- To see romantic castles and picturesque villages, Romantic Road is the route to take.
- Although winter generally brings fewer visitors, it is becoming a popular time especially for the ski areas.
- The country has world class opera houses. You can find them in cities such as Berlin and Munich.