Busan, located on the south east coast of South Korea, is the second largest city in the country and one of the busiest container ports in the world. As with other cities in this intriguing country, Busan is often overlooked as a tourist destination; most travelers to South Korea choose to only see the capital city, Seoul. Busan is very welcoming to visitors and offers plenty of tourist attractions. At the top of that list is arguably Haeundae Beach, which is situated in the south east of the city. This beautiful sandy beach stretches for miles along the coast and is particularly busy during late July and early August when Koreans tend to take their summer vacations. Elsewhere in the city, Jagalchi Fish Market is popular with locals and visitors alike looking to enjoy the freshest of seafood prepared in the traditional Korean way. Film enthusiasts will be interested to know that an international film festival is held in the city each year during October with the aim of showcasing Asian talent on a global stage. For those looking for spirituality, a hike to Seon Buddhist Beomeosa Temple is a spectacular way to spend the day and, last but not least, shopaholics can entertain their credit cards in Shinsegae Centum City Department Store, the world's largest shopping complex. So, for those adventurous travelers who do decide to explore Busan, there are more than enough attractions to make the trip worthwhile.
Best Time to Fly to Busan
Busan has a pleasant, sub-tropical climate; the hottest months are June, July and August with a highest average temperature of 84 degrees F in August. The coolest months are December, January and February, when temperatures can fall on average as low as 30 degrees F. September and October probably offer the most comfortable temperatures and have the benefit of much less rainfall when compared to the rainiest month of July. In terms of prices, the peak season falls in July and August; other busy periods include the Dalmaji Moon Welcoming Festival in the middle of January and the Harvest Moon Festival which lasts three days in mid-September.
Getting around Busan
Busan has a four-line underground rail network which provides an easy access to most parts of the city. There is also an extensive bus network as well as numerous taxi firms to choose from. A good tip whilst traveling around Busan, is to purchase a travel card which can be used to pay for travel on buses, trains and taxis providing significant discounts on travel costs.
Flight deals to Busan
USA departure airports for flights to Busan
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Busan
- New York (NYC)
- Boston (BOS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington (WAS)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Denver (DEN)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Portland (PDX)
- Long Beach (LGB)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Newark (EWR)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Cleveland (CLE)
Useful information about Busan
More useful information about Busan
- Travel by boat from Donghae or Pohang to see Ulleungdo, a volcanic island the shape of a pentagon.
- Take a last minute flight to Korea to take part in the New Year’s Sunrise Festival every December.
- There are a few parks to see in Korea including Jirisan National Park and Hallyeohaesang National Marine Park.
- Seoraksan National Park includes the mountain was named Seorak because of its permanent snowcaps.
- Psyche World offers a wide variety of attractions including a display of over 10,000 butterflies.
- After your depart your direct flight to Korea, you can take the Royal Palace and Shopping Tour.
- Mt.Hallasan, which is also known as Mt.Yeongjusan stands tall in the middle of Jeju Island.
- With 8 international airports, you should be able to find a cheap one way flight to Korea.
Other user searches
- Flights to Florida
- Lawton Municipal to Eppley Airfield
- Fly to California
- Barcelona from Minneapolis flights
- Tickets to Cancun
- Kansas City to Phoenix Sky Harbor International
- Flights to South Bend from Funter Bay
- Flights to Hawaii from Houston
- Flights from Omaha to John F. Kennedy International
- Flights Lebanon to New York