Cheap flights to Lic. Manuel Crecencio Rejon (MID)
The largest city in the Yucatan Peninsula, Merida is filled with wonderful museums, cafes, galleries, and places of natural beauty for the traveler to explore. Visit Merida Cathedral to get a taste of the grand, majestic architecture of this city. Another interesting historic site is the Dzibilchaltun Ruins: a Maya temple located beside the coast which also provides an opportunity to swim in warm, sparkling clean waters. To learn more about the fascinating history of this ancient city, make sure to pay a visit to the Gran Museo del Mundo Maya. Top it off with a visit to the Museo del Arte Popular to see some vibrant folk and contemporary art after hours spent marvelling the Mayan treasures. The Governor's Palace, the largest such palace in Mexico, is also a fascinating edifice to look around. When you are ready for something to eat, you are sure to be delighted by the array of traditional food and drink available in the plazas (and the side streets coming off the plazas) of the city.
Best Time to Fly to Merida
For many travelers, the best time to visit this city is during the school summer holidays, as then they can enjoy an extended break with the family. This is certainly a very convenient option, though it does coincide with the rainier season in Mexico. The driest months (and hence the most expensive to travel in due to their desirability) are between December and April. For some extra heat and not too much humidity, travel in June or July. If you want to experience a truly unique and fascinating Mexican custom, then why not time your visit to coincide with the Mexican Day of the Dead festival which falls on November 1st and 2nd?
Getting around Merida
There are several bus terminals in Merida, and in the daytime, these are a great option for getting from A to B. Merida night buses can be home to pickpockets, though, so make sure to keep your belongings about you. Perhaps the most convenient way to explore Merida, and particularly the surrounding archaeological sites, though, is to rent a car and drive yourself.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Lic. Manuel Crecencio Rejon
USA departure airports for flights to Lic. Manuel Crecencio Rejon
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Lic. Manuel Crecencio Rejon
This is useful information about Lic. Manuel Crecencio Rejon
More useful information about Lic. Manuel Crecencio Rejon
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.