Cheap flights to Kozhikode, India
When is the best time to fly to Kozhikode?
The climate in Kozhikode is most favourable between the months of October and February. Monsoon season occurs between June and September and is marked by regular, heavy rainfall. However, some fairs and festivals do take place in Kozhikode and the surrounding areas during this time. Between March and May the temperature in Kozhikode can reach as high as 36°C and this, combined with high levels of humidity, can make sightseeing an exhausting experience. Be aware that various other festivals take place in Kozhikode throughout the year including the Malabar Shopping Festival in December and another at the Tali Temple known as the Reveathy Pattathanamand. Hotel rooms may be more difficult to obtain during these times and flights may be more expensive.
With glorious beaches, fascinating historical sites and expansive wildlife sanctuaries, Kozhikode has something to offer virtually every visitor. Located in the state of Kerala, Kozhikode is surrounded by natural beauty and ringed by many calm, peaceful villages where you can truly get away from it all. During the Middle Ages Kozhikode, also known as Calicut, was an important centre for international trade and became known as the 'City of Spices.' Today, Kozhikode is a thriving, surprisingly modern city that is extremely popular with tourists thanks to the diverse offerings in the area - everything from beaches and backwaters to centres for traditional Hindu medicine. The Tali Temple, built in the 14th century with a combination of laterite bricks and wood, is a stunning example of Keralean architecture and a highlight of any visit to the area. The nearby Tusharagiri Falls are also hugely popular, especially with walkers who can trek through the surrounding area and feel at one with nature. With plenty of museums, galleries and other activities on offer, Kozhikode is a great city to explore in its own right, but thanks to excellent road and rail connections to the rest of India, it's a first-class base from which to explore further afield.
Getting around Kozhikode
The main attractions in Kozhikode are close enough together to make it possible to walk between them without too much difficulty. If you want to travel further or are staying far from the centre, the city-wide bus service is both cheap and efficient. Auto rickshaws are also abundant and a good low-cost way of getting about in a way that truly exposes you to the sounds and smells of this part of India. Taxis provide an additional transport option. Their rates are reasonable and they will usually work for a fixed fare rather than switch on a meter. Reassuringly, the auto rickshaws in Kozhikode have a strong reputation for dealing fairly with visitors.
Getting from the Airport to the City
The cheapest way to get to Kozhikode from Calicut International Airport (CCJ) is to take advantage of the public bus service. If you would rather take a taxi from the airport to Kozhikode, the best way to ensure you pay the right fare is to take advantage of the pre-pay taxi booths that can be found throughout both the domestic and international terminals. You can also take advantage of the many auto rickshaws for hire outside the airport terminals, though this may be less suitable if you are travelling as part of a larger group.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Kozhikode
USA departure airports for flights to Kozhikode
Useful information about Kozhikode
More useful information about Kozhikode
- While there, see the wild life in its natural habitat at Kaziranga National Park.
- Take a last minute flight to see the Sun Temple of Konark which was constructed in the 13th century.
- Visitors to India most frequently fly into Indira Ghandi Airport in Delhi.
- Book direct flights to India to visit the Taj Mahal or walk the picturesque beaches in Goa.
- Generally, the best time to take a one way flight to India is January through September.
- Instead of Bombay, India's citizens prefer their capital city to be referred to as Mumbai.
- Chess was invented in India in the 6th century, during the Gupta Empire.
- Delhi, India’s capital, has thousands of years of history in its buildings and streets.
- India is bordered by the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, and Indian Ocean.
Other user searches
- Flights to Kathmandu from Seattle
- Cheap flights from Seattle to Tampa
- Southwest Airlines flight bookings
- Plattsburgh to Hawaii cheap flights
- Cheap flights from Las Vegas to Costa Rica
- Flights to Mexico
- Flights Ontario International to Salzburg
- Heathrow airport information
- Cheap flights to Key West
- Cheap flights to San Francisco from New York