Flights from Chicago (CHI) to New York (NYC)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Chicago to New York across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Chicago to New York
How much do things cost in New York and Chicago?
Additional useful information for New York
One of the most important entertainment and commerce capitals of the world, New York City is a popular spot for both tourists and business travelers. From the lights of Broadway to the majestic Statue of Liberty, this busy city is packed with iconic sights and exciting activities. Flights from Chicago to New York City are plentiful, so you can travel to the Big Apple any time of the day.
How long is the flight from Chicago to New York City?
The flight from Chicago to New York City takes just over an hour and a half, and you can expect to spend approximately two hours in transit from gate to gate.
Which airlines operate flights from Chicago to New York City?
All major U.S carriers operate direct flights between Chicago and New York City, including Delta, American and United. If you're looking for budget tickets, try carriers such as Southwest, Spirit and jetBlue.
How frequent are flights between Chicago and New York City?
More than 50 flights per day operate between Chicago and New York City City, so it's a breeze to find a great fare any time of day or night.
Which airports serve Chicago to New York City?
Two airports serve Chicago: Midway International and O'Hare International. In New York City, you can choose between John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia and Newark International. In both locations, it's easy to get to any airport via public transportation.
Which direct flight route between Chicago and New York City is cheapest?
Flight prices vary, but it's easiest to get the cheapest tickets when you fly from O'Hare International Airport to LaGuardia Airport. If you're checking bags, be sure to factor in luggage fees for each airline when comparing prices.
Chicago and New York City are two of the biggest cities in the United States, but each has a distinct energy. In Chicago, you can experience traditional Midwestern friendliness, and in New York, the go-go-go energy is palpable. While Chicago is known for its wind and distinct seasons, the weather in New York City ranges from hot and humid to cold and snowy; check the weather report before you go. New York City offers an endless variety of things to do. Enjoy world-class people-watching in Times Square, take in the views of Manhattan with a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge or give your credit card a workout on Fifth Avenue. Year-round, explore the quiet outdoor spaces in Central Park, and check out the Statue of Liberty from the legendary Staten Island Ferry. If you're visiting during the holidays, don't miss the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the towering Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza.
Check out the smart, Cheapflights search engine to find the best prices on flights from Chicago to New York City any time of the year.
Other user searches
- Phoenix to Delhi
- Flights from Melbourne to Panama City
- Flights to India
- Boston to Maldives flights
- Flights to London from Bellingham
- Flights to Ronne from Greensboro
- Flights from Phoenix to Santiago
- Cheap Spirit Airlines tickets
- Cheap flights from San Francisco to Cancun
- Flights Fort Myers to Oregon
Facts and figures about flying from Chicago to New York
- From Chicago to New York, Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. D/B/A Delta Connection operates 74 flights a week
- Diversions are not expected on flights between Chicago and New York
- When traveling between Chicago and New York, the most commonly used aircraft is a Canadair Regional Jet 900
- There are 1455 daily seats available for flights between Chicago and New York
- The largest aircraft operating flights from Chicago to New York is the Boeing 747-400 (Domestic)
- For flights between Chicago and New York, the typical cancellation rate is 5.8 percent
- The average delay between Chicago and New York is 1 hr 5 mins
- The most common connection between Chicago and New York is La Guardia