Cheap flights to Kansai (KIX)
Osaka Kansai Airport (KIX) is located on a man-made island in Osaka Bay. It was opened to relieve Osaka Airport on the mainland. It's just off the coast of Izumisano, and about 24 miles (38km) from central Osaka. The complex has a lot going on – its own power station, water purification plant, a base for the Japanese Coast Guard and a large international post office.
The airport is spacious and well-designed with plenty of restaurants and shops, lounges, kids’ play areas and massage booths. Although on an island, there are several public transport options for getting to the mainland.
As one of the highest-rated airports in the world, Osaka Kansai Airport is unlikely to disappoint. Most of the flights to Osaka Kansai Airport are regional though, with busy routes to Beijing, Taipei, Bangkok, Tokyo, and other Asian cities.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Kansai
USA departure airports for flights to Kansai
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Kansai
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- New York (NYC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Houston (IAH)
- Dallas (DFW)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Portland (PDX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Denver (DEN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Hilo (ITO)
- Boise (BOI)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Austin (AUS)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Savannah (SAV)
- Oklahoma City (OKC)
Interesting information about Kansai
More useful information about Kansai
- There are plenty of temples, shrines, and museums to explore filled with Japan’s history and culture.
- The peak seasons are when the Japanese are on holiday: New Year’s, Golden Week, and the Obon Festival.
- After your direct flight to Japan, take a tour of Ryoanji Temple which houses a famous Zen garden.
- Your last minute flight to Japan will land you in the middle of modern culture and technology at its best.
- One way flights to Japan can land at Tokyo Haneda Airport or Fukuoka Airport.
- Take a trip to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Memorial Park.
- The end of August through September is typhoon season in Japan.
- Japan has the world’s most efficient train service from the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to steam locomotives.