Cheap flights to Guangzhou, China
Guangzhou is a fabulously rich and vibrant cultural hub located on the banks of China's beautiful and shimmering Pearl River. Finding out where to visit in this city is very easy, as it has been a tradition throughout the ages for rulers to designate 'Eight Sights of Guangzhou': i.e. the eight best tourist attractions. The various lists for the Eight Sights include the majestic 'White Cloud Mountain' park, the river, the amazing flora and fauna of the Nansha Wetland Park, and the towering Canton Tower. Another very contemporary highlight of the city is the Guangzhou Science Park. White Cloud Mountain is a fantastically peaceful and mysterious place for a stroll. The parks in this city in general are very elegant and are ideal for honeymooning couples to enjoy a quiet picnic, or for families to spend some quality time together. This city is also renowned for its exquisite temples and other religious edifices. Make sure to pay a visit to Huaisheng Mosque, for example, and the Temple of the Six Banyan Trees, as well as the stunning Sacred Heart Cathedral.
Best Time to Fly to Guangzhou
This city has a temperate and pleasant climate all year round. The rainy season generally takes place in May and June, so avoid these months if you don't want to get too wet! However, there are several advantages to visiting during this season, as it is cheaper and the rain tends to clear away any dust and smog that has accrued in the air. The best (and more expensive) months to visit are October and November, when the sub-tropical climate is at its clearest and most temperate. Chinese New Year in January / February (the date varies annually), and the Lantern Festival in March are other very popular times to be in the city.
Getting around Guangzhou
The most popular way to see the city is by walking! There is even a designated tourist walking road, Zhongshan 6 Road, which will take you round most of the major tourist attractions of Guangzhou. There are also regular public bus services and tour buses that you can take advantage of. For the utmost convenience, visitors can also take the subway, though in the humid summer months walking can be more pleasant.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Guangzhou
USA departure airports for flights to Guangzhou
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Guangzhou
- San Francisco (SFO)
- New York (NYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Boston (BOS)
- Houston (IAH)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Denver (DEN)
- Portland (PDX)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Tucson (TUS)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Miami (MIA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Dallas (DFW)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Washington (WAS)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Austin (AUS)
- Charleston (CHS)
Interesting information about Guangzhou
More useful information about Guangzhou
- Foreign visitors are allowed to drive only within the city limits of Beijing and Shanghai and in Hong Kong.
- For cheap direct flights to China, the off seasons are summer and winter.
- After your last minute flights to China, you can get around the major cities in taxis.
- Flying is the best way to cover large distances in China with more than 470 airports.
- The peak domestic travel seasons include Chinese New Year, Labor Day, and National Day.
- Bicycling is popular in Beijing and Shanghai, but watch out for traffic.
- China has the largest population of any country in the world.
- Tip for one way flights to China: Visa applications should be made at least one month prior to departure.
Other user searches
- Flights to Eagle County Regional from Williamsburg
- Cheap flights to Washington
- Tampa to Cincinnati
- California to Sao Luis cheap flights
- Puerto Rico cheapest flight
- Flights to Bulgaria
- Cheap flights to Fukuoka
- Flights to San Diego
- Flights from Fargo to Puerto Plata
- Montgomery to Las Vegas cheap flights