Cheap flights to Chamonix
Ski enthusiasts needing a little challenge will meet their match in Chamonix. France’s famous ski resort features serious slope action and a huge variety of on- and off-piste skiing for the casual ski bum and the serious thrill seeker. Located only 50 minutes from Geneva, Chamonix visitors can tuck away in this little village in the Alps and enjoy the fresh air and scenery of the mountains. After a day on skis, get your land legs back with a lager at the bar or warm up near the fire at one of the many resort hotels in Chamonix.
Chamonix Travel Information
- Hire a mountain guide and go down the famous Valle Blanche unpisted route. Ten miles and a 10,000 feet drop means some of the most wonderful skiing in the world. Courageous intermediates and above.
- Get up to Auguille de Midi and the glacier to be as close as you can to the top of Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Western Europe. Chamonix was the first ever site of the Winter Olympics and has 250 years of mountaineering history.
- Enjoy the town. This is a real town and not just a resort which means that non-skiers have a good time too. Try husky dog sledding, visit the sports center, the casino or the many bars and restaurants.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Chamonix
Flights to France
More useful information about Chamonix
- France flights are available between major cities. Air France has many domestic flights.
- Lyon is France's second city and its location near to the Alps makes it the perfect base to explore the country.
- A founding member state of the European Union, France is the largest one by area.
- Spring is a very popular time to book direct flights to France.
- Destinations for one way flights to France are often Nice and the Cote d'Azur region.
- Southern France has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and very hot summers.
- Take a last minute flight to France and travel on the TGV, the high speed inter-city train service.
- Toulouse, known as The Ville Rose, or pink city, is a vibrant metropolis with a huge student population.