When you book a flight to Wisconsin, you can expect more than cheese, cheese heads, and all things dairy. In fact, Wisconsin is one of the leaders in social legislation and has paved the way for many American’s equal rights.
Grab a book about basic human rights for your flight to Wisconsin and you’ll learn that Wisconsin played a large role in protecting the social rights of Americans. In 1907, Wisconsin was the first state to provide pensions for the blind. In 1913, Wisconsin was the first state to provide aid to dependent children and in 1925 offer old-age assistance. The state was the first to enact an unemployment compensation law and the first state that initiated a workman's compensation law. Book a flight to Wisconsin to experience the state of so many firsts.
Visitors booking flights to Wisconsin are on their way to a land of over 14,000 lakes, 95 state parks, forests and recreations areas, and a leading producer of cheese and milk products. Flights to Wisconsin are filled with outdoor enthusiasts heading to the Badger State for water sports, fishing, skiing, camping and hunting. For indoor travelers, Madison and Milwaukee offer a taste of urban life that includes great theater, art museums, restaurants and shopping. Whatever the reasons for booking flights to Wisconsin, the state is sure to please.
Find flights to Wisconsin
Wisconsin has a continental climate with cold winters and warm summers. January in Milwaukee ranges from the teens through the 20s (F) and July from the 60s into the 80s. In the north, along Lake Superior, winters are much colder, in the single digits and teens, but summers are mild with temperatures reaching the low 70s. Milwaukee's annual snowfall averages 47 inches. Iron County, on the other hand, boasts an average annual snowfall of 180 inches.
Best Time to Fly to Wisconsin
Summer is the high season, particularly around the lakes and the Lake Superior Shore. Door County is very crowded in summer, and northern Wisconsin hosts lots of visitors enjoying the camping, hiking, and fishing. The Dells have become a year-round destination.
Milwaukee has several outdoor events in July and August. If you're one of the nearly one million people booking Wisconsin flights for the annual Summerfest music and entertainment festival, plan ahead and book hotel rooms in advance, too.
Winter is becoming more and more popular, beckoning to snow enthusiasts, especially snowmobilers and cross-country skiers.
Spring and fall are quieter times to visit Wisconsin and it's likely travelers can find cheap flights to Wisconsin. Spring offers outdoor adventures, including white-water rafting. Fall is a busy hunting season.
Door County is quiet in winter and offers ice fishing, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
Getting around Wisconsin
The bus service is mostly in southern and central Wisconsin. Milwaukee has great walking venues along the river and many attractions are accessible on foot. The Milwaukee County Transit System can get you downtown or out to the suburbs. The Trolley loops around downtown and runs on a seasonal basis. The city is also easily navigated by car.
For exploring the state your best is to drive. Interstates and back roads take you around the southern part of the state. Northern Wisconsin has no interstates, which also explains why it is such a great area for camping, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and snowmobiling.
For the Apostle Islands, the modes of transport are walking and boating. There is excellent biking in Door County.
Wisconsin Travel Information
- Door County, named after the strait between the Door Peninsula and Washington Island has five state parks, more lighthouses than any other county in the U.S. and about 40 islands. The pride of Door County is its cherry orchards. You can pick up pies, jams and dried cherries along roadside stands. It is also renowned for its fish boils - local whitefish, potatoes and onions cooked in a kettle over a wood fire.
- Milwaukee: Miller Valley is the part of West State Street between the Miller Brewing Company’s buildings. There is a replica of Miller's first brewery and the Miller Inn.
- New Glarus in south Wisconsin is named after Glarus in Switzerland. It was settled in 1845 by about 150 immigrants and is home to the Swiss Historical Village, a museum of 13 historic buildings. There are also annual festivals such as the Heidi and William Tell festivals. Not only is New Glarus a good place to sample Swiss cuisine, but the New Glarus Brewing Company offers microbrews, the most popular of which is the Spotted Cow.
- Cheeseheads are what fans of the Green Bay Packers are called. They, in honor of the state’s dairy industry, wear triangular headgear shaped like a piece of cheese and made of plastic or foam. For more cheese, visit the Gibbsville cheese factory where you can sample some of the 50 types made. In Milwaukee, buy souvenirs at the Wisconsin Cheese Mart in the original German retail district such as Mild Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese in the shape of a “W” or a Cheesehead survival kit with cheddar in the shape of "Bucky the Badger", salami, mustard and maple syrup.
- The 21 Apostle Islands on Lake Superior: Madeline Island has particularly fine beaches and unspoilt landscape.
- Marinette County has 14 waterfalls – beautiful spots for camping and picnicking.
Flight deals to Wisconsin
USA departure airports for flights to Wisconsin
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Wisconsin
- New York (NYC)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Miami (MIA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Denver (DEN)
- Portland (PDX)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Austin (AUS)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Buffalo (BUF)
- St Louis (STL)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Boston (BOS)
Other user searches
- Cheap flights from Greenville to Macdonald-Cartier International
- Los Angeles to Las Vegas flights
- Flights to Alexandria from Sheppard AFB/Wichita Falls Municipal
- Flights to Maui from Oklahoma City
- Flights to San Diego from New York
- Airlines to Cuba
- Flights to Hawaii from Kansas City
- Flights Puerto Rico from Tampa
- Cheap flights to Hong Kong
- New York from Athens