William P Hobby Airport (HOU) is just seven miles (11km) from downtown Houston and is affectionately known as Hobby Airport. It’s a great airport to use for passengers wanting to avoid the hustle and bustle of George Bush Intercontinental Airport, which also serves the Houston area. However, this smaller airport, named after a former Texas governor, is growing quickly and currently serves more than 8 million passengers each year.
As George Bush Intercontinental Airport handles all the international flights coming into Houston, most of the flights to William P Hobby Airport are domestic. Many well-known US carriers operate flights to Hobby Airport and some of the most popular routes connect it with Atlanta, LA, New York and Austin.
Hobby Airport’s small size confers certain advantages. Often the security process seems quicker and the service offered more personal. Hobby Airport has a number of shopping opportunities and a few dining options, but there isn’t a great deal of choice at the airport. Some passengers may find this refreshing, as they are not bombarded by advertising and exhortations to buy constantly.
Flight deals to William P. Hobby
USA departure airports for flights to William P. Hobby
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to William P. Hobby
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- New York (NYC)
- Denver (DEN)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Boston (BOS)
- Miami (MIA)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- San Diego (SAN)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Washington (WAS)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Memphis (MEM)
- Tulsa (TUL)
- St Louis (STL)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Dallas (DFW)
- San Francisco (SFO)
Interesting information about William P. Hobby
More useful information about William P. Hobby
- If you would like to see the westernmost area of the state, take a trip to El Paso.
- Things are bigger in Texas: it is larger in area than any country in Europe.
- Fact: you can carry a handgun just about anywhere in Texas.
- A popular Texas attraction is the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston.
- Many one way flights to Texas arrive at George Bush Intercontinental Airport or William P. Hobby Airport.
- Visitors take direct flights to Texas to see the second largest state in the United States.
- For history buffs, a visit to the Alamo in San Antonio is mandatory.
- Spring breakers book last minute flights to South Padre to appreciate the relaxation under the sun.