Cheap flights to Kefalonia (EFL)
When is the best time to fly to Kefalonia?
Greece benefits from gorgeous beaches and warm weather for the best part of the year, so you’ll struggle to find the cheapest flights to Kefalonia from May to late October. That said the busiest period is June, July and August so it’s best to either avoid these months or make sure you’ve secured your flight tickets well in advance. One month before lent sees the big Kefalonia Carnival hit the streets, with a parade within the squares of Argostoli and Lixouri. The first Saturday after the 15th of August also sees the Wine Festival, an event which shouldn’t be avoided if you enjoy wine. There are also many feast days and religious events which take place throughout the year, with the majority of them taking place from June to August. These will increase the price of your flight tickets so book ahead of time to find cheap flights to Kefalonia.
Kefalonia sees a dull in tourism from around the middle of October all the way through to the end of March. December to February can be a lot colder and sometimes harsh weather can be off-putting, although you’ll find the cheapest flights to Kefalonia during the winter. October and November are generally pleasant, although the weather is more unpredictable and the temperatures drop at night. You can find great deals on your flight tickets however so if you want a quiet, relaxing vacation, definitely opt for outside of the peak summer months.
When is the best time to book a flight to Kefalonia?
It depends entirely on what you want to get out of your holiday. If you’re hoping to work on your tan and enjoy the perfect waters then definitely aim for summer, and make sure your flights to Kefalonia are booked three, four or even five months in advance to give you the best chance of securing discounts on your flight tickets. Ideally you’ll want to be as flexible with your dates as possible to ensure you have the cheapest months available to you. School holidays aren’t cheap but a spring getaway can be a lot more enjoyable. Aim to book your flights a few months prior to April, May, late September and October for pleasant weather but a lot less tourism.
How long is the flight to Kefalonia?
Flights from London to Kefalonia: 3 hours 25 minutes.
Flights from Manchester to Kefalonia: 3 hours 45 minutes.
Flights from Birmingham to Kefalonia: 3 hours 25 minutes.
Flights from Bristol to Kefalonia: 3 hours 30 minutes.
Which airlines operate flights to Kefalonia?
For direct flights to Kefalonia you’ll want to fly from London and generally it’ll be with Ryanair. The bonus of this is that Ryanair provide cheap flight tickets to practically anywhere and despite the lack of competition, Kefalonia is no exception. The downside is that you don’t have too many other options if you don’t want to fly with Ryanair. Most other UK airports involve a connection and you’ll find yourselves flying with Aegean or Smart Wings. It’s worth noting that during the peak summer months Ryanair drastically increase the price of checked in baggage so this can skyrocket your once cheap flights to Kefalonia.
How to get from the airport to the city centre?
Once your flights to Kefalonia land you’ll find yourself a little bit isolated in regards to getting to the centre. The best way is to just jump into a taxi from outside of arrivals however taxis are very expensive in Greece so don’t expect this to be a cheap journey. One thing you can do is see what hotels provide transfers. Once you’ve booked your flights to Kefalonia and are planning your accommodation, it’ll definitely pay off to try and arrange a shuttle through your hotel. Lastly you could opt to rent a car. This is a great option if you are planning to explore the island as you’re otherwise limited to buses or taxi services. You can either pre-arrange a car before you fly or once you land you can organize it from the airport, although it is suggested to sort it all out once you’ve secured your flight tickets.
Kefalonia insider information
- Make sure to take a visit to the Antisamos and Sami beach for the best on the island.
- Don’t miss a visit to the Drogarati caves and the Melissani Lake. These natural phenomena are close to Sami and they definitely shouldn’t be overlooked.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Kefalonia
Useful information about Kefalonia
More useful information about Kefalonia
- In Athens, you can explore the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Epidaurus amphitheater.
- A popular time to take one way flights to Greece is between June and August when the weather is best.
- When your last minute flight to Greece arrives, you'll be in the country where the Olympic Games were born.
- The beautiful and verdant island Zante or Zakynthos, on the Ionian islands, is another popular vacation destination.
- Many travelers take direct flights to Greece for a tour of Athens or on a honeymoon to Santorini.
- Crete is the largest and most popular of the Greek islands, with two international airports.
- One place worth visiting is the Peloponissos, which has a spectacular landscape of mountains, caves, and volcanoes.
- Greece enjoys long Mediterranean summers, with warm temperatures and about 11 hours of sunshine a day.