Cheap flights to Japan
Silk art, bonsai and Sony – all common items found in most American households; all from Japan. Look around and you’re bound to find more of today’s must-haves around the house, in the yard, in the car or at the office. Japan is known for many things, most of all its innovative technology and futuristic ideas. But before sushi was a staple in American diets and animes were part of every teenager’s computer games, Japan fought its way into the history books determined to be an independent country. Book airline tickets to Japan to be in the hub of innovation.
If you’re expecting to see geishas and rickshaws as soon as you get off your flight to Japan, think again. It’s more likely your flight to Japan lands you in the middle of modern culture and technology at its best. Look carefully -- you're catching a glimpse of the future featuring everything from new pop music to new technology. If authentic history is what you booked cheap flights to Japan for, don’t despair. There are plenty of temples, shrines, and museums to explore filled with Japan’s history and culture. Go shopping at the Kyoto Handicraft Center and take a tour of Ryoanji Temple, which houses one of the most famous Zen gardens. Head to Gion and watch the famous geishas stroll by before taking part in a tradition tea ceremony. Take a trip to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Memorial Park, the memorial area that pays tribute to the day in 1945 when Hiroshima became the first city shattered by an atomic bomb.
Whatever the reason for your flight to Japan, there is something for everyone. Japan’s cars, computers and electronics production make it one of the most innovative countries in the world. The bonsai, geisha and western art make Japan one of the most cultural countries in the world.
Book flights to Japan to find harmony in this peaceful nation.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Japan
USA departure airports for flights to Japan
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Japan
- New York (NYC)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Houston (IAH)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- St Louis (STL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Austin (AUS)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Portland (PDX)
- Oklahoma City (OKC)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Denver (DEN)
- Jacksonville (JAX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Miami (MIA)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Omaha (OMA)
More useful information about Japan
- There are plenty of temples, shrines, and museums to explore filled with Japan’s history and culture.
- The peak seasons are when the Japanese are on holiday: New Year’s, Golden Week, and the Obon Festival.
- After your direct flight to Japan, take a tour of Ryoanji Temple which houses a famous Zen garden.
- Your last minute flight to Japan will land you in the middle of modern culture and technology at its best.
- One way flights to Japan can land at Tokyo Haneda Airport or Fukuoka Airport.
- Take a trip to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Memorial Park.
- The end of August through September is typhoon season in Japan.
- Japan has the world’s most efficient train service from the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to steam locomotives.