If deserts and plateaus are what you’re looking for, board a flight to Angola and head to the African country located along the South Atlantic. Angola is more than three times the size of California, but travelers booking Angola flights and accommodations won’t find any similarities here. Bordered by the Republic of Congo, Zambia and Namibia, Angola is mostly desert with forests sprinkled throughout the northwest region.
What keeps travelers booking cheap flights to Angola? The vast supply of the country’s oil. Angola is the second-largest oil producer in sub-Saharan Africa bringing in billions of dollars a year from around the world. It's sometimes shocking for visitors on Angola flights, however, when they find some of the poorest people in Africa living in Angola. More than $4 billion in oil receipts has gone missing from the country’s treasury, according to the International Monetary Fund. Still, many people continue booking flights to Angola on peace-seeking efforts and try to reestablish the country’s economy.
Since Angola is continually engaged in internal civil wars, it’s a good idea for travelers taking Angola flights to always carry identity papers and passports.
The weather in Angola varies greatly between the northern and southern halves of the country: You’ll find yourself in hot, humid and tropical conditions in the northern climate, while the southern half of the country is arid and desert conditions dictate the local weather.
Flight deals to Angola
More useful information about Angola
- South Africa retains strong influences from Dutch and British culture.
- Because you need a return or onward ticket to enter the country, one way flights to Africa are not ideal.
- Direct flights from American cities to African cities are rare.
- The entire continent of Africa is generally warm year-round, with North Africa being the hottest.
- Africa’s history is as vast and rich as the continent itself.
- For a breath taking beach experience, visit the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar.
- Booking a last minute flight to Africa is not advisable, since much preparation is usually needed.
- Kenya offers an extraordinary Safari experience.