It may be a small African country, but its attractions are grand. Travelers booking flights to The Gambia will be mesmerized by the country’s culture, traditions, art, food and music.
The Gambia’s capital city, Banjul, is a high-trafficked tourist area that provides travelers with a hint of African indulgence thanks to its street markets and festivals. A quick trip up the River Gambia offers tourists an expedition through villages and forests brimmed with welcoming residents. When you step off your flight to The Gambia, you’ll learn that the country’s heart is in its music and the people here are passionate about both music and dance.
The Gambia is one of the tiniest countries in Africa, but also one of the friendliest. The people place great emphasis on greetings and welcome travelers deplaning Gambia flights with a warm “Salaam aleikum” (“Peace be with you”). Take a travel guide and pocket dictionary with you on your flight to The Gambia and learn a few responses to this greeting. The people will be appreciative of your efforts.
Gambia has near-constant sunshine, thanks to its location between the tropic of cancer and the equator. It’s scorching hot in the day, until short, evening rainstorms cool down the air. The coolest temperatures are usually found along the shore, thanks to cool sea breezes.
Flight deals to Gambia
USA departure airports for flights to Gambia
More useful information about Gambia
- South Africa retains strong influences from Dutch and British culture.
- Because you need a return or onward ticket to enter the country, one way flights to Africa are not ideal.
- Direct flights from American cities to African cities are rare.
- The entire continent of Africa is generally warm year-round, with North Africa being the hottest.
- Africa’s history is as vast and rich as the continent itself.
- For a breath taking beach experience, visit the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar.
- Booking a last minute flight to Africa is not advisable, since much preparation is usually needed.
- Kenya offers an extraordinary Safari experience.