Flights from Chicago (CHI) to Phoenix (PHX)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Chicago to Phoenix across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Chicago to Phoenix
How much do things cost in Phoenix and Chicago?
Additional useful information for Phoenix
When you're used to the big city life in Chicago, Phoenix is a welcome change of pace. Since the city is in the middle of the desert, expect to see plenty of red rocks and cactus. The terrain is perfect for getting outside and exploring, just remember that there's year-round sunshine. Even on winter days that are below freezing in Chicago, Phoenix is usually right around the high 60's or low 70's F. There are quite a few direct flights available to get you from Chicago to Phoenix, and the flight takes just a little over three and a half hours.
How long is the flight from Chicago to Phoenix?
Direct flights from Chicago to Phoenix have a flight time of just over three and a half hours. If your flight has a stop, that typically adds a couple hours to your trip.
Which airlines operate flights from Chicago to Phoenix?
Direct flights from Phoenix to Chicago are available with American Airlines, Frontier, Spirit, Southwest and United. If you don't mind an indirect flight, there are plenty of other airline options available.
How frequent are flights between Chicago to Phoenix?
Phoenix is one of the most popular destinations from Chicago, and flights between the two cities are very frequent. There are dozens of flights between Chicago and Phoenix each day, with many of those being direct flights.
Which airports serve Chicago and Phoenix?
Chicago's largest airport is O'Hare International Airport, and the majority of its flights to Phoenix originate from there, except for flights operated by Southwest, which originate from Midway International Airport. All flights from Chicago land at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Which direct flight route between Chicago and Phoenix is cheapest?
Your best bet for a cheap direct flight between Chicago and Phoenix is usually O'Hare to Phoenix Sky Harbor due to the number of flights available, but sometimes there are bargains flying out of Midway.
The sunshine in Phoenix makes you want to spend as much time as possible outdoors, and fortunately there are several great hiking trails available. Papago Park is one popular option, while Holbert Trail is one of the best places to see Native American petroglyphs, which are rock carvings. If you want to get in touch with the city's Old West roots, rent a horse for a ride through the desert. Just remember that it gets very hot during the summer in Phoenix so it's usually best to schedule the outdoor activities for the morning before the sun is full-force.
Leave Chicago behind long enough to treat yourself to a Phoenix vacation. Give our smart search engine a try to see all the cheap flights from Chicago to Phoenix.
Other user searches
- Tickets to Toronto
- Milwaukee to San Francisco
- New York to Samoa
- Flights to Montego Bay from Portland
- Flights to Atlantic City from Salt Lake City
- Flights from Indianapolis to San Juan
- Flights to Amsterdam
- Flights to Tulsa from Cincinnati
- San Francisco to Savannah
- Cheap flights to Orlando from Honolulu
Facts and figures about flying from Chicago to Phoenix
- Diversions are not a regular occurrence on flights between Chicago and Phoenix
- A delay of 48 mins is common when flying between Chicago and Phoenix
- On average all flights between Chicago and Phoenix offer a total of 2184 seats per day
- For flights between Chicago and Phoenix, the average cancellation rate is 4.1%
- The Canadair Regional Jet 900 is the smallest airplane available for flights between Chicago and Phoenix
- The largest aircraft flying between Chicago and Phoenix is a Boeing 757 Mixed
- Flights from Chicago to Phoenix are delayed 15 percent of the time
- When traveling between Chicago and Phoenix, the most commonly used aircraft is a McDonnell Douglas MD-83
- Every week US Airways has 143 flights from Chicago to Phoenix