Flights from Dallas (DFW) to Los Angeles (LAX)Edit search
We'll show you the best deals by comparing tons of flights from Dallas to Los Angeles across a wide range of airlines and travel agents. Compare the cheap flights along this route.
Travel information for Dallas to Los Angeles
How much do things cost in Los Angeles and Dallas?
Additional useful information for Los Angeles
Where does one begin when trying to describe Los Angeles? One of America's (and perhaps the world's) most popular cities, LA provides visitors with everything from great weather and premier beaches to rich cultural treasures. Spend a day people watching at Venice Beach or Santa Monica Pier, and take an evening drive along the scenic California State Route 1, also known as the Pacific Coast Highway.
Of course, no trip to LA is complete without a stop in Hollywood. Spend the day checking out the stars, and take in the abundant nightlife of Sunset Boulevard after dark. Oh, and you may have some trouble deciding on where to eat among the seemingly endless selection; if you can't make up your mind, grab an In-N-Out Burger."
How long is the flight from Dallas to Los Angeles?
A direct flight from Dallas to Los Angeles takes just over 3 hours of your time from one gate to the other. Plan for some additional hours for getting to and from the airports, going through security and picking up luggage.
Which airlines operate flights from Dallas to Los Angeles?
American Airlines offers a huge selection of flights from Dallas to Los Angeles. Other major carriers include United, Delta, Alaska, Virgin America, Spirit and Sun Country.
How frequent are flights between Dallas and Los Angeles?
Since Dallas and Los Angeles are both major travel hubs in the American southwest, there are tons of daily flight options, and most of them are direct. Lucky you!
Which airports serve Dallas to Los Angeles?
While you may have other options with smaller airports or nearby locations, you are almost certainly going to book a flight from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). These two are among the busiest hubs in the United States, but neither are especially difficult to navigate for savvy travelers.
Which direct flight route between Dallas and Los Angeles is cheapest?
Score a round-trip ticket from Dallas to Los Angeles and back again for as little as $231 or less, depending on the date and time. Look for special package deals to save even more.
Dallas and Los Angeles may be fairly close geographically and experience comparable weather, but that's mostly where the similarities end. While LA isn't ALL about Hollywood and movie stars, there's definitely a special vibe in the area that's quite invigorating. LA is a delight for people who appreciate a wide selection of cuisine, thanks to the diverse mix of cultures that call LA home.
While Texans appreciate all things 'big,' Lone Star State natives may be a bit overwhelmed with how geographically spread out the LA and Orange County areas are--be prepared to spend an hour or two to get 'across town.' Luckily, each part of the LA area has something special to offer."
Give Texas a rest while you breathe in the SoCal life for a spell. Check our smart search engine to find the best deals on flights from Dallas to Los Angeles.
Other user searches
- McCarran International airport information
- Cheapest flights to Punta Cana
- United Airlines
- Fort Lauderdale to Washington
- Santa Maria to Honolulu
- Cheap flights to Fiji
- New York to Inverness
- Cheap Billings to Fort Lauderdale flights
- Rio de Janeiro airport information
- Flights to Bahamas from Los Angeles
Facts and figures about flying from Dallas to Los Angeles
- Flights from Dallas to Los Angeles are typically delayed by 39 mins
- American Airlines Inc. operates 466 flights per week between Dallas and Los Angeles
- The largest aircraft operating flights from Dallas to Los Angeles is the Boeing 747-400 (Domestic)
- The Canadair CRJ 700 is the smallest aircraft operating flights between Dallas and Los Angeles
- There are on average 3892 seats available each day on flights from Dallas to Los Angeles
- Flights from Dallas to Los Angeles are not usually diverted
- The most popular connection between Dallas and Los Angeles is Phoenix Sky Harbor International
- For flights between Dallas and Los Angeles, the typical cancellation rate is 1.1 percent
- The most popular aircraft flying between Dallas and Los Angeles is a Boeing 737-800 (winglets)