Cheap flights to Tiruchirappalli, India
Tiruchirapalli also known as Trichy is the fourth largest city of the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Tiruchirapalli was under control of various rulers including the Pandyas, Pallavas, Nayaks, Marathas, Nawabs, the French and the British. The temples are the prime attraction of this beautiful city located on the banks of the majestic Cauvery River. While in the city, it is worthwhile to visit the Sri Ranganathaswamy temple at Srirangam dedicated to the Hindu God Vishnu. This huge temple has a tall tower and can be explored for its architectural beauty, history and religious significance. Close by is the Jambukeshwara temple of Lord Shiva and the Samayapuram Mariamman temple. The Rockfort temple is the most prominent historical monument and famous landmark of the city. It is an impressive fortress situated on a 273-foot-high rock and has a number of rock-cut temples. You can experience chill winds atop the rock and get a magnificent view of Trichy and the Cauvery River. The city has several missions and churches dating to the 1760s and is popularly known as the Rome of the East due to the presence of numerous churches representing the various denominations of Christianity. Among them are the 200-years old St. Joseph's Church about 3 miles away from the Trichy junction and the ancient St. John's Church in the cantonment area. Tiruchirapalli is famous for its traditional textiles, leather and gem cutting crafts. Wooden idols of the iconic Hindu gods and goddesses can be bought at the government crafts emporium at Poompuhar.
Best Time to Fly to Tiruchirappalli
The best weather in Tiruchirapalli is during the months from October to March when the minimum temperature is around 68F and the maximum is around 84F. Days and nights are pleasantly cool during these winter months.
The summer months from March to July usually record an average minimum of 96F and a maximum of 104F. High humidity can make the hot summer months very uncomfortable for travel. Summer is the off season in Trichy so you can expect less crowds and cheaper prices.
The monsoon months are from August to October while the North-East monsoon again brings rain in the months of November and December.
Getting around Tiruchirappalli
Tiruchirapalli International Airport is on National Highway 210 and is conveniently located about 3.1 miles south of the city. Transportation to and from the airport includes city bus service, taxis and car rental services. The National Highway bus-stop is less than 328 ft from the Terminal Building.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Tiruchirappalli
USA departure airports for flights to Tiruchirappalli
Useful information about Tiruchirappalli
More useful information about Tiruchirappalli
- While there, see the wild life in its natural habitat at Kaziranga National Park.
- Take a last minute flight to see the Sun Temple of Konark which was constructed in the 13th century.
- Visitors to India most frequently fly into Indira Ghandi Airport in Delhi.
- Book direct flights to India to visit the Taj Mahal or walk the picturesque beaches in Goa.
- Generally, the best time to take a one way flight to India is January through September.
- Instead of Bombay, India's citizens prefer their capital city to be referred to as Mumbai.
- Chess was invented in India in the 6th century, during the Gupta Empire.
- Delhi, India’s capital, has thousands of years of history in its buildings and streets.
- India is bordered by the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, and Indian Ocean.