Cheap flights to Kauai, Hawaii (HI)
Kauai is the greenest and most lush Hawaiian island. With its breathtaking landscapes, tropical rainforests, sparkling waterfalls, jagged peaks and colossal volcanoes, “The Garden Isle” it's no wonder thousands of travelers book flights to Kauai every year for a vacation on one of the most spectacular islands in the world. Don't let the island's reputation of being the wettest place on earth deter you from finding cheap flights to Kauai -- the vast amount of rainfall is precisely why it’s so green, and on any given day you’re guaranteed to see at least one rainbow.
Kauai is less developed than its neighboring islands but still offers visitors the same level of service and exclusive resorts. It’s less crowded than the other islands so you’re bound to find miles of empty sandy beaches and jungles to explore. If you're after a more active trip you can spend your days hiking the Kalalau Trail on the Na Pali coastline or diving among the sea turtles
Kauai Travel Information
- Hiking is a great way to see Kauai, off the highways. Popular trails include the Kukui Trail, a 5-mile hike that drops into Waimea Canyon (Hawaii’s Grand Canyon - 10 miles long, 1 mile wide and 3,000 feet deep); the Kuilau Ridge Trail, a 4-mile round-trip; and the Kalalau Trail, which boasts gorgeous views of Na Pali Coast and Kee Beach (a great snorkeling spot).
- Kauai has 50 miles of white sand beaches and all of them are free. The most beautiful beaches are Ke'e and Makua (surfers know it as Tunnels) on the north shore; Poipu in the south, a regular in various “Top 5” beach awards; Salt Pond Beach Park, also in the south of the island, and a great place to see Monk Seals and Kakaha Beach, which snakes along the west coast. Polihale stretches - all gold sand - for 7 miles and is a heart-stopping beautiful place to watch the sun set over Ni‘ihau island. Finally, Na Pali (which translates to “the cliffs”) on the west coast is remote, rugged and dramatic.
- Kauai plays backdrop to several Hollywood movies. Take a tour around the film locations such as Moanaowaiopuna Falls, which appeared in Jurassic Park. Elvis lived it up on the grounds of the Coco Palms for Blue Hawaii. Raiders of the Lost Ark made use of the island for its exterior shots. Anne Heche and Harrison Ford crashed down from the cliff around Shipwrecks Beach (Keoneloa Bay) in Six Days Seven Nights.
- Sort of like Old Faithful, Spouting Horn on Lawa'i Road regularly shoots water up into the air. When a wave rushes under a lava shelf and bursts through a small surface hole, Spouting Horn expels. Evening is the time to witness it, that’s when the rush of water takes on the colors of the sunset.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Kauai
USA departure airports for flights to Kauai
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Kauai
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- New York (NYC)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Houston (IAH)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Denver (DEN)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Portland (PDX)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Hilo (ITO)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Boise (BOI)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Reno (RNO)
More useful information about Kauai
- Being the Earth's wettest place shouldn't deter you from finding last minute flights to Kauai.
- Kauai is the greenest Hawaiian island with its breathtaking landscapes and tropical rainforests.
- Visitors book direct flights to Kauai for its 50 miles of free, white sand beaches.
- Kauai is less developed than its neighboring islands but offers visitors the same level of exclusive resorts.
- Hiking is a great way to see the island. Popular trails include the Kukui Trail that leads you into Waimea Canyon.
- Similar to Old Faithful, Spouting Horn on Lawa'i Road regularly shoots water up into the air.
- Take a tour around the film locations such as Moanaowaiopuna Falls, which appeared in Jurassic Park.
- One way flights to Kauai will have you arrive at Lihue Airport (LIH).