Cheap flights to Innsbruck, Austria
Surrounded by breathtaking rugged mountain terrain, the historic city of Innsbruck has a picture-postcard quality about it. The beautiful architecture of the medieval old town, with ages-old buildings lining narrow streets, blends seamlessly with the more modern elements of the city, such as hip boutiques and lively beer gardens. In fact, Innsbruck has become renowned in recent years for its vibrant nightlife scene, offering a little something for all tastes, from traditional brew houses to chic wine bars. Nights are certainly never dull here.
Innsbruck has long been synonymous with winter sports and the city has twice been given the honor of hosting the Winter Olympics. As such, the area remains one of the best destinations for those who enjoy partaking in winter activities. In addition to offering world-class skiing facilities, Innsbruck is also popular with hikers and mountaineers. Away from the more strenuous pursuits and back in the city itself, there is a wealth of history and culture to explore, from the Tyrolean Folk Art Museum and Ambras Castle, to the magnificent Imperial Palace. An attraction which gets a little closer to nature is the unique Alpine Zoo, Europe's highest animal park, and home to many rare Alpine species such as the bearded vulture.
Best Time to Fly to Innsbruck
The best time to visit this beautiful city very much depends on what type of vacation you are looking for. As a top-class winter sports destination, the ideal time for skiing enthusiasts to visit is from December through to April. If you wish to spend your time enjoying the city itself, then the months of June to August are ideal, as the temperatures are much more suited to strolling through the city streets. Be aware that the nights are still very cool at this time though.
The cheapest time to visit is during the months of September through to November. This is the quietest time of the year here, so things may be a little slower than usual during this period. However, the mountains will be awash with the colors of fall, making for a spectacular sight.
Getting around Innsbruck
Downtown, particularly in the old town area, is very compact and so ideal for getting around on foot. There is a special bus service called The Sightseer which connects some of the major attractions in the area, such as the Alpine Zoo. Standard buses and trams link Innsbruck to surrounding villages.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Innsbruck
USA departure airports for flights to Innsbruck
Useful information about Innsbruck
More useful information about Innsbruck
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Texarkana Rgnl-Webb Field to Alderney
- Cheap flights to Hawaii
- Southwest Airlines flights
- Tucson to Boston flights
- Cheapest flights Indianapolis International
- Flights to Knoxville from Honolulu
- Flights to Tokyo
- England from Los Angeles flights
- Flights to Los Angeles
- Philadelphia to Reagan National cheap flights