When is the best time to fly to Indore?
As you can expect, Indore experiences a real "Indian Summer". The temperatures during this season can be exceptionally high, so quite unpleasant to sightsee in. The best time to visit Indore would be in the winter, from around October to March. The weather is still relatively mild and much more bearable at this point. Also, as term time usually falls within most of these months, you can expect it be slightly cheaper to travel during this time of year.
Located in the heart of Madhya Pradesh, the city of Indore is a sublime retreat for anyone seeking a cool and contemporary city interlaced with exotic remnants of an ancient past. These grand and impressive cultural structures lie throughout the ever-growing city, giving Indore a rare blend of then and now to satisfy the most seasoned of travelers.
Indore is one of the best places to witness some of the architectural wonders left behind by the Holkar dynasty. The Lal Baag Palace with its lavish European décor, the stunning Rajawada Palace and the intricately designed Chhatris (or burial monuments), are an absolute must-see. There are also a great number of temples erected in this city, most notably the Kanch Mandir temple which is uniquely constructed entirely out of glass and mirrors. To complete your journey through the ancient culture of Indore, visit the Central Museum which houses a fascinating collection of artifacts.
Modern Indore is also an ideal trip for those seeking a little retail therapy. As the commercial capital, it has a great number of shopping districts selling everything from spices to handbags. The Treasure Island Shopping Mall is the largest in the city, offering an array of top-brand goods for keen shoppers. Indore's Sarafa Market is the perfect place to pick up beautiful handcrafted jewelry, and come nightfall, the place to be if you want to sample some traditional Indian cuisine. Here you can indulge in the many food stalls serving an array of sumptuous, flavor-filled dishes.
Flight deals to Indore
USA departure airports for flights to Indore
Interesting information about Indore
More useful information about Indore
- While there, see the wild life in its natural habitat at Kaziranga National Park.
- Take a last minute flight to see the Sun Temple of Konark which was constructed in the 13th century.
- Visitors to India most frequently fly into Indira Ghandi Airport in Delhi.
- Book direct flights to India to visit the Taj Mahal or walk the picturesque beaches in Goa.
- Generally, the best time to take a one way flight to India is January through September.
- Instead of Bombay, India's citizens prefer their capital city to be referred to as Mumbai.
- Chess was invented in India in the 6th century, during the Gupta Empire.
- Delhi, India’s capital, has thousands of years of history in its buildings and streets.
- Flying from the UK? Browse the range of flights to India today, and save.
- India is bordered by the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, and Indian Ocean.