Just a few miles from Spain’s Malaga airport, Benalmedena offers sunshine almost every day of the year. Your flight to Spain is almost guaranteed a sunny arrival. A visit to the Benalmedena Pueblo village, where you can explore a castle and a museum amidst the steep, narrow streets and whitewashed houses, will give you an idea of traditional Andalusian life. After your Spain flight brings you to Benalmadena, take the cable car up from Arroyo de Miel to reach the area’s residential and business center, as well as the famous Tivoli World theme park. Most tourists head to the Costa for its sandy beaches, water sports and marina. And if none of those options are your idea of a good time, you can always head to a golf course, casino, night club, bar or restaurant to enjoy your holiday.
Benalmadena Travel Information
- Markets: search for a bargain at the Arroyo de Miel flea market on a Wednesday, and visit the weekly market on a Friday. Tivoli World has a market on a Sunday.
- Benalmadena Sea Life Centre: feed stingrays from your own hand or walk under the sea tunnel where sharks are swimming overhead. This popular attraction is aimed at educating visitors and letting them get close to sea life. There is a special “sound” room where you match the sound of the sea creature with its picture, and information about conservation and rearing protected species. As you would expect, there is also a well-stocked shop, and a café with cool drinks and refreshments.
- Tivoli World is one of the oldest theme parks along the southern coast which has been designed for adults as well as children. The low-cost entry ticket gives you access to all the gardens, fountains, and walkways as well as the free shows. In Andalusia square you sample a taste of flamenco and other aspects of Andalusian culture, and Western Square is devoted to cowboys, country and western and all things western. The rides are hugely popular and are paid for per ride. They cater for the more adventurous with go-karting and all kinds of water tunnels and drops. It makes for a good day away from the beach.
- Festivals: Arroyo de Miel celebrates St John the Baptist at the end of June, and Benalmadena Pueblo the festival of the Virgin of the Cross in mid-August.
Flights to Spain
More useful information about Benalmadena
- The Catalans enjoy calcotades in late winter and early spring, which is a different kind of BBQ.
- Compared to the UK, Spain is 5 times as large, but only has 2/3 of the population.
- To see birds and plants not found anywhere else in the world, go to the Islote de Lobos Nature Reserve.
- Some well known artists that hail from Spain, include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miró.
- One of Majorca’s tourist attractions is the Coves del Drac. Take a last minute flight to Spain to see it.
- With a one way flight to Spain, you can find deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- The best months for direct flights to Spain are May, June, and September.
- In July and August, Spain is extremely hot. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate.
- Valencia has renowned museums, art collections, and it is where paella was created.
- Ibiza is known for its hedonistic resorts, electric nightlife, and fine beaches.
Other user searches
- Flights to Tulsa International from Sedona
- Baton Rouge Metropolitan/Ryan Field to Tokyo flights
- Flights to Orlando from Oakland
- Flights Baltimore to Denver
- Bullhead City to St Croix
- Cheap flights to Costa Rica
- Flights to Miami from Oakland
- St Louis to San Jose cheap flights
- New Orleans to Tahiti flights
- Flights to General Leobardo Ruiz from Sheridan