Cheap flights to Veracruz, Mexico
When is the best time to fly to Veracruz?
The tropical climate of Vercruz brings with it a major wet season that typically lasts from June to October. The wet season tends to be hotter and more humid than the dry season, but tropical thunderstorms are extremely common. Cheap flights to Veracruz should be easier to snatch during this time. If you prefer to visit in the dry season, between November and May, temperatures will be cooler and less humid, but days are likely to be foggy ad cloudy.
With its rich history, fascinating cultural mix and old Mexican charm, Vercruz is a holiday destination that begs to be discovered. Although not as popular as other tourist resorts around Mexico, Vercruz is fast becoming a major tourist destination that offers a wide variety of historic architecture, adventure sports and natural beauty. Situated on the Gulf of Mexico, this is the country's largest and most historic port ever since the Spanish Conquistador Hernán Cortés founded a city here in 1519. At the cultural heart of Vercruz is the Plaza de las Armas, the main square that acts as the social centre of the city, where you can witness music, dancing and other activities. Throughout the city, there are many interesting buildings to explore, including the Baroque Municipal Palace, which was built in 1608, the Virgen de la Asunción Cathedral, which dates back to the 17th Century, and the Carranza Lighthouse, situated in the Port area. To the north of the city centre lies Fort San Juan de Ulúa, an island that forms part of the La Gallega coral reef. Here you can relax on the 1.5 miles (2,500 metres) of beach or snorkel, dive and swim in the blue waters of the reef. If you are keen to see an authentic pre-Columbian site, then you can take a trip up the coast to Papantla to visit El Tajín, once one of the largest and most significant ancient cities in the region and now a World Heritage site. Amongst El Tajín's most impressive monuments are the incredible Pyramids of the Niches.
Getting around Veracruz
The best way to explore the main tourist attractions in the centre of Vercruz is on foot. Taxis are also very cheap to hire, but you should agree a price before you start your journey. If you want to tour the Gulf region, the best way is to hire a car or go by bus. The bus station is situated on Salvador Diaz Miron Street. The Vercruz bus system is comprehensive and you can explore most of the Gulf region by bus if you prefer not to drive.
Getting from the Airport to the City
General Heriberto Jara International Airport (VER) is the closest airport to Vercruz, located 6 miles (9 km) to the southwest of the city. There are several car rental companies located at the airport, if you want to hire your own car. Alternatively, you can easily hire a taxi or shared minivan to reach the city, a journey which takes about 12 minutes.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Veracruz
USA departure airports for flights to Veracruz
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Veracruz
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Tijuana (TIJ)
- New York (NYC)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Nashville (BNA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington (WAS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Ciudad Juarez (CJS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Portland (PDX)
- Des Moines (DSM)
- Reynosa (REX)
- Lexington (LEX)
- Amarillo (AMA)
- Guadalajara (GDL)
- Columbia (CAE)
- St Louis (STL)
Interesting information about Veracruz
More useful information about Veracruz
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.
Other user searches
- Flights from Knoxville to White Plains
- Cheap flights to Zurich
- Southwest Airlines flights
- Flights from Boise to Salt Lake City
- Flights from Minot International to Natal
- Hong Kong flights
- Killeen-Fort Hood to Licenciado Adolfo Lopez Mateos cheap flights
- Cheap flights to Philippines from Burbank
- Flights Houston to Stockholm
- Baltimore to San Jose