Cheap flights to Morelia, Mexico
When is the best time to fly to Morelia?
Morelia hosts a selection of festivals and events all year round, most of which take place during summer months of June to September. The average temperature is approximately 21.5°C, but it can reach above the 30s. Seasonal festivals include Festival Internacional de Cine de Morelia, Festival de Escala, and SalsaMich.
Off season in Morelia takes place during the winter months of December to February. Airline fares are cheapest during December due to the festive season, and many hotel rooms will be empty due to the lower temperatures and lack of local festivals. Lots of empty hotel rooms will mean that there is scope to barter down the asking price.
Located in the south central part of Mexico, Morelia is a populous and modern metropolitan city which can trace its history as far back as the 1520s when the Spanish settled the area. Underneath the layers of history surrounding the city, there are plenty of modern attractions and large shopping streets to appeal to the modern tourist. Morelia was declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1991, in honour of the many Spanish, P'urhépecha and Matlatzinca sites and artefacts throughout the area. The Morelia town square still contains glimpses into its Spanish colonial period, as the area is dominated by historical structures such as the Guadalupe Sanctuary and Tarascas Fountain. Morelia is ideally situated in central Mexico, and contains good transportation links to the coastal beaches and surrounding cities, such as León, Mexico City, and Guadalajara. As a cultural and historical centre in Latin America, Morelia is full of museums, cultural landmarks, and plenty of modern attractions such as outdoor activities, restaurants, and shopping malls. The city centre is packed with many structures and landmarks, and visitors with an appreciation of history will enjoy the likes of the Government Palace, Santa Rosa de Lima, and the Palace of Justice. There are plenty of locations throughout Morelia which will appeal to all, including local market stalls, restaurants serving up Latin cuisine, and niche boutiques. Adventurous visitors will no doubt delight in all that Morelia has to offer, such as horseback riding at Club Hipico de Morelia, or a football match at the Monarcas Morelia Soccer Club.
Getting around Morelia
Morelia has an extensive transport infrastructure, including rail, bus and taxis. Many of the shopping areas and historical sites are within walking distance of each other. An intercity bus and railway service connects to Mexico City and event locations throughout Texas and Florida.
Getting from the Airport to the City
International arrivals will land at General Francisco J. Mujica International Airport, a mere 22 miles (35 km) away from the city. There are airport taxis operating on a fixed price. Shuttle services operate a regular service and are much cheaper than a taxi. There are also car rentals available, and highway 120 connects the airport to the city directly.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Morelia
USA departure airports for flights to Morelia
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Morelia
- Chicago (CHI)
- Tijuana (TIJ)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Houston (IAH)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Raleigh (RDU)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Portland (PDX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Boise (BOI)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Fresno (FAT)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Fort Myers (RSW)
- Greensboro (GSO)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Washington (WAS)
Useful information about Morelia
More useful information about Morelia
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.
Other user searches
- San Diego to Italy flights
- Flights to Los Angeles
- Anchorage to China
- Cheap flights to Florida
- Flights Dallas to Northwest Florida Beaches International
- Kansas City to Orlando
- Miami to Bradley International cheap flights
- Austin to Dominican Republic flights
- Glendive to Leipzig-Altenburg Airport
- Colorado Springs flights