Cheap flights to Surfers Paradise, Australia
A firm favourite with the surfing set and the gem of Queensland's Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise is the ideal beach holiday destination. The ideal combination of beach and city life, Surfers Paradise is dotted with an array of theme parks, beach and water sport activities and great restaurants and bars. Enjoying one of the adventure tours is a great way to enjoy the Gold Coast and enjoy the natural, scenic beauty of the region. Visitors can enjoy an island cruise, tour the coastline to spot whales or take a ghost tour at Halloween, or take a night time showboat cruise. An array of fine cuisine is available in the city, including Mexican, seafood, Japanese, Chinese and Thai themed establishments.
Immersing yourself in cultural activities is easy, as Surfers Paradise offers art galleries, live music, jazz and blues venues and the Sydney comedy festival showcase, or take in a dose of theatre at the Arts Theatre. Then head outdoors again and learn to surf, windsurf or visit the Sporting Hall of Fame, before trying racing car driving at Racecenter's simulation track, or simply hire a scooter and whizz around the city, seeing the sights and stopping at your leisure. For a true thrill, climb 885 ft (270 m) above Surfers Paradise at Skypoint Climb at the Q1 Resort Tower.
Best Time to Fly to Surfers Paradise
Weather in the city is generally hot but can also be quite wet. The yearly average temperature is 77 degrees (Fahrenheit) and seldom goes below 62 degrees. Summer rain or storms are an occasional event. The city can experience wide daily changes in weather from sunny to rain within a few hours. The summer months of December, January and February are the high season in the region - they are hot and a good time to visit, despite the rain. March to May are still warm with cooler nights and less rain, so this is also a great time to travel. June, July and August are colder but very dry so the city is still a good destination for holiday fun and adventure.
Hotel and airfare rates are cheaper in the winter, which on the Gold Coast is between the months of June and August. Despite being the off-peak time, this is also the dry season which still offers warm days and it is also an excellent time to visit.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flights to Queensland
Interesting information about Surfers Paradise
More useful information about Surfers Paradise
- Sydney is Australia's oldest city and has international style and superb dining.
- Looking for daily deals while in Australia? Groupon and Living Social have a presence there too.
- If you are looking for Australian beaches, Bondi Beach in Sydney should be a first stop.
- Last minute flight deals to Australia can be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- The 'real' Tasmanian Devil is found on the island of Tasmania, and is the size of a small dog.
- Book a direct flight to Australia to see bizarre wildlife and beautiful beaches.
- Take a one way flight to Australia and you'll will be picking up some of the local slang in no time.
- Want to visit the capital city? It's little-known Canberra; not Sydney or Melbourne.
- Some of Australia's six states are New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- The off season in Australia is June through August when winter is in full effect.