The natural allure of Australia’s Sunshine Coast is hard to resist. More than 37 miles of pristine beaches line this coastal region of Queensland, and an endless collection of natural settings and outdoor activities encourage visitors to take their time exploring the collection of seaside towns and national parks that make up Australia’s famed Sunshine Coast. Travelers looking to soak up the best that Mother Nature has to offer will find plenty to appreciate throughout the Sunshine Coast.
Every destination along the Sunshine Coast offers a different experience, so travelers have full reign when it comes to making this trip their own. Up north, the town of Noosa offers a more luxurious seaside escape, where visitors can split their time between surfing the fine waves and shopping at the cosmopolitan Hastings Street before making a daytrip to explore the coastal trails of Noosa Heads National Park. To the south, the laidback town of Coloundra bursts with sports like surfing, skydiving, kayaking and fishing throughout its numerous beaches.
Other Sunshine Coast destinations that deserve a visit include Mooloolaba, Maroochydore, Rainbow Beach and Coolum. These coastal towns offer Australian beach vacations that visitors won’t soon forget.
Best of all, between the Sunshine Coast’s major towns are untouched stretches of lush hinterlands, the perfect backdrop for a leisurely road trip through Australia’s Sunshine Coast.
Best Time to Fly to Sunshine Coast
The best time to visit the Sunshine Coast is during the months of October through February, when warm weather allows the best conditions for enjoying the Sunshine Coasts numerous beaches and outdoor activities. These warm months make up the peak travel season of the Sunshine Coast. Travelers looking to save money on airfare may find cheap flights to the Sunshine Coast during the off-season months of June, July, August and September, when temperatures are at their lowest.
Getting around Sunshine Coast
Because of its size, the 37-mile stretch of the Sunshine Coast is best navigated with a rental car. Renting a car allows travelers to visit the Sunshine Coast’s various parks, towns and beaches with ease and at their own pace. There is an extensive bus network throughout the Sunshine Coast, though, for travelers who prefer not to drive. The local train system is another public transit option.
Flights to Queensland
Interesting information about Maroochydore/Sunshine Coast
More useful information about Maroochydore/Sunshine Coast
- Sydney is Australia's oldest city and has international style and superb dining.
- Looking for daily deals while in Australia? Groupon and Living Social have a presence there too.
- If you are looking for Australian beaches, Bondi Beach in Sydney should be a first stop.
- Last minute flight deals to Australia can be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.
- The 'real' Tasmanian Devil is found on the island of Tasmania, and is the size of a small dog.
- Book a direct flight to Australia to see bizarre wildlife and beautiful beaches.
- Take a one way flight to Australia and you'll will be picking up some of the local slang in no time.
- Want to visit the capital city? It's little-known Canberra; not Sydney or Melbourne.
- Some of Australia's six states are New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- The off season in Australia is June through August when winter is in full effect.