Brisbane is bursting with things to do. Queensland capital is sexy and sophisticated, diverse and full of life. Visitors boarding flights to Brisbane are on their way to great food, great wine, and the best in arts and entertainment. It’s hard to imagine a city with this much energy is also home to a quiet beaches and rainforests.
In the heart of Brisbane, tourists will find a mix of old and new – colonial buildings stand next to glass towers, and local beer gardens look out to the city’s botanical gardens. Brisbane is flanked by islands to the east and mountains to the west offering travelers the best of both worlds in one city.
Travelers booking flights to Brisbane will be delighted by the endless options available and at decent prices, too. Food, accommodations and entertainment are affordable to even the most budget-conscience travel.
The Pacific location between the Gold coast and the Sunshine coast swaps seasons with what the United States is used to. Your cheap flight to Brisbane will settle you on the east coast of Australia in a cozy subtropical climate in opposition to ours. Daily average temperatures are between 70 and 80 degrees.
Best Time to Fly to Brisbane
Peak Season: December through February serve as Australia’s summer time, with the highest temperatures rooting in January at around 84 degrees. Although rainfall is at its highest point, your travel to Brisbane won’t be hindered by downpour or drizzle, because showers quickly clear up and give way to sunshine.
Off-peak Season: June through August become milder in the winter months with temperatures ranging from high 60’s to low 70’s. But luckily as temperatures drop, so does the rainfall, making your Brisbane flight an easy one, no matter what the season.
Getting around Brisbane
Brisbane is a lovely city to walk in, especially with the 13-mile floating River Walk that includes paths, roads, bridges and parks along the Brisbane River. When your feet get tired, bike along the river on a track running from the City Botanic Gardens to the University of Queensland. You can also get around on the network of trains, buses and ferries operated by TransLink. Suburban rail is quick and efficient and the ferries stop at many interesting sights. Buses run regularly on weekdays, but you may have to wait a bit longer on the weekend. If you rent a car, you’ll most likely be able to park at your hotel or motel for free. Plan your route ahead of time so you can manage Brisbane’s one-way streets better. You can find taxis at stands located outside the Treasury on George Street, on Edward Street and at either end of Queen Street Mall.
Brisbane Travel Information
- Botanic Gardens: The naturally elegant botanical gardens have four main attractions – Bamboo Grove, Weeping Fig Avenue, Mangrove Boardwalk, and River Stage make this place a find. In Bamboo Grove, 23 species of bamboo co-exist to commemorate the vast amount lost in 1937. Weeping Fig Avenue, established in the 1870’s serves as a beautifully organic barrier between the gardens and Queens Park. Stroll the 380 acres of Mangrove Boardwalk to experience an environmental design. The boardwalk itself is literally stuck in the mud, relying solely on the mud’s suction to keep it in place. River Stage, a place known to draw thousands of people for concerts is a sure spot to make your travel to Brisbane a memorable one.
- Queen Street: A shopper’s paradise, The Queen Street Mall is impressive my sheer numbers alone. Forty-five cafes and restaurants, 600 shops, and two cinemas make it the perfect place to indulge on what you saved from your cheap flight to Brisbane. With all the there is to offer, it’s no wonder the center is deemed as Brisbane’s retail and entertainment hub.
Treasury Casino: Energize your travel to Brisbane by packing a punch with a full day between the Queen Street Mall and a night at the Treasure Casino, right around the corner on George Street. The 19th century building houses 1,100 game machines, 100 tables, five restaurants, and seven bars filled with live bands jamming on a nightly basis. Open 24 hours a day, this find is worth the fortune.
- South Bank: Looking for a unique niche to add to your Brisbane travel roster? Start on the South Bank, where beach meets boutique. Little Stanley Street overflows with decadent multi-cultural al fresco dining, shops, and weekend craft markets to get lost in. If the heat hits, walk over to the man made beach, stretch out on the imported white sand, and relax.
Flight deals to Brisbane
USA departure airports for flights to Brisbane
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Brisbane
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (NYC)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Boston (BOS)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Portland (PDX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Louisville (SDF)
- Newark (EWR)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Anchorage (ANC)
Useful information about Brisbane
More useful information about Brisbane
- Visit the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and see those furry cuties up close.
- There are many direct flights to Brisbane from the US and they're well worth it.
- Once sleepy, Brisbane has matured into a booming metropolis.
- The annual Brisbane Festival lasts three weeks every September and draw huge crowds.
- Brisbane is the energetic capital of Queensland.
- The Botanical Gardens are a huge collection of lush, subtropical vegetation.
- The South Bank is a pretty cool spot to check out.
- Book a one way flight to Brisbane, and take off for the Great Barrier Reef.
Other user searches
- San Diego to Birmingham flights
- Flights to India from Evansville
- Merced to Nadi International flights
- Flights to Thailand from San Francisco
- Flights from Orlando to Spain
- Flights Dallas to Italy
- Owensboro to Seattle
- Cheap St Petersburg to Las Vegas flights
- Cheap flights to John F. Kennedy International
- Hana to Exeter