Vibrant Peshawar capital city of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa in beautiful Pakistan is a popular travel destination for its museums, mosques, markets and historic places and monuments, but it also offers some great food, art and music to enjoy. As markets and bazaars go, the Smugglers bazaar offers a great location to shop, haggle and generally take in the hustle and bustle of this busy retail spot. The Peshawar museum is housed in a Victorian-Gothic style building and offers its visitors the opportunity to see the biggest collection of Ghandaran art in the world. The Balar Hisar fort provides a glimpse into the area's military and cultural history. The tomb of Ziarat Rahman Baba is located in a lush, green area and is a shrine to this 17th century poet.
Ancient traditions blend with contemporary ones in Peshawar. It is most evident in the local cuisine that can be enjoyed in the area at a variety of restaurants, stalls and coffee shops which dot the city. The Army Stadium is a popular place to explore stalls and haggle over prices for traditional craft items. Saturday is family night at the stadium and families picnic, relax and stroll through the park enjoying the rides.
Best Time to Fly to Peshawar
The city has a semi-arid climate, with very hot summers. Winter in the city is mild and runs from the middle of November to late March. The summer extends from May to September and it is generally very hot, with average maximum temperatures of 104 degrees Fahrenheit and minimum of 77 degrees. This is not a monsoon region, but rain occurs during winter and summer. Most rain falls between February and April. From June to August the humidity can be quite high. If you don't mind some rain, the winters are mild and offer plenty to do in the city.
The summer months of May to September may get very hot and some tourists choose not to travel to the city, resulting in lulls during the very hottest part of summer. The rainy winter months of November to March may offer better deals than early or late summer. Festive season, school vacations and events like Eid celebrations may result in much higher rates on both hotel accommodations and airfare packages. Some hotels and airlines offer peak season specials for a very short time, so look out for seasonal deals.
Getting around Peshawar
Buses or mini buses and auto rickshaws are frequently used as transport within the city, but it is not recommended to use them after dark or to travel by foot or bicycle. Coach buses are good quality and used for long distance transportation to neighboring regions.
Flight deals to Peshawar
USA departure airports for flights to Peshawar
Interesting information about Peshawar
More useful information about Peshawar
- For sightseers, the Margala Hills surrounds Islamabad from two sides.
- Religious enthusiasts flying to Pakistan can set the Takht-i-Bahi as a high priority.
- Departing from the UK? browse the range of flights to Pakistan today and get the best price.
- For last minute flights to Pakistan, tourists are advised to pay special attention to travel warnings.
- The Pakistan Museum of Natural History shows the country’s development over a number of centuries.
- Visitors taking direct flights to Pakistan will find a country flanked by astonishing landscapes.
- Summer months in the mountains are pleasant and temperate while the Indus Valley can reach 100 degrees on some days.
- If you plan to stay near Sindh, fly during the cooler months between November and February.
- One way flights to Pakistan can land at Jinnah International Airport Karachi and Lahore Airport.
Other user searches
- Cheap Phoenix to Texas flights
- Flights Iliamna to St Nazaire
- Flights to California
- Who flies to El Paso International
- Cheapest flights Detroit
- Flights from Anchorage International to Northern Ireland
- Flights to Colorado from New York
- Quincy Municipal Baldwin Field to Lewisburg
- Flights to Phoenix Sky Harbor International
- Cheap flights to London from Chicago