Cheap flights to Lagos, Nigeria
The most populous city in Africa is also one of the continent's most varied and exciting. Lagos is known for having some of the best nightlife in West Africa, as well as containing outstanding opportunities to go shopping — whether that's in a traditional market or an ultra-modern mall.
Lagos is not a tranquil city, although it does possess some fine beaches. Instead, it's a place you go to live life to the full. New sights and sounds wait for you around every corner; however often you've been before, there's sure to be a museum or a café that will be new to you.
Getting around Lagos
The cheapest way to get around, other than on foot, is to use the Bus Rapid Transit system. Buses are generally well maintained, with reasonably priced tickets. For a more comfortable trip, there are increasing numbers of modern taxis.
Lagos Travel Information
Despite Lagos's cosmopolitan nature, there are still cultural norms to be respected: make sure you greet everyone you speak to and be careful not to wear immodest clothing. Loose shirts and trousers or skirts are recommended, as the city's climate is humid. Also, remember that bartering is common and expected in most places.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Lagos
USA departure airports for flights to Lagos
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Lagos
- New York (NYC)
- Houston (IAH)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Newark (EWR)
- Washington (WAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Miami (MIA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Little Rock (LIT)
- St Louis (STL)
- Tampa (TPA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Denver (DEN)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Sacramento (SMF)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Charleston (CHS)
Useful information about Lagos
More useful information about Lagos
- For the best prices, avoid direct flights to Nigeria.
- The Nigerian climate only has a wet and dry season.
- If you take a last minute flight to Nigeria, be sure to at least pack a lot of sunscreen!
- One way flights to Nigeria will save you money, but remember to have that passport in order!
- Lagos is the second most populous city in Africa.
- The city of Lagos is famous for its music scene, which spawned its own sub-genre of Hip Hop.
- A varied environment: Nigeria both rainforests and deserts.
- Nigeria is an extremely rich culture, with over 250 traditions and languages.