Corralejo welcomes hundreds of visitors a day who come to play in the resort’s sandy beaches and fill their days with activities in the town center. The tourist Mecca of Fuerteventura, Corralejo welcomes ferries full of day-trippers from neighboring islands and Corralejo flights to Fuerteventura are packed with vacationers looking for a little sun and surf in a remote destination. Although tourism keeps the island afloat, the one-time fishing village retains its old port charm. The waterfront promenade is home to numerous restaurants and cafes built in converted historic houses. The main street is lined with shops selling everything from electronics to surfboards and offering tiny trinkets for travelers to take home. Not to be outdone by its neighboring resort towns, Corralejo keeps vacationers occupied with watersports, ferry rides, package island tours, mountain biking and hiking excursions.
Corralejo Travel Information
- Take a trip in a glass bottomed boat. The sea round Corralejo is teeming with more than 600 varieties of fish including the brightly colored red Parrot fish. Scuba diving, angling and snorkeling are very popular here.
- Surfing and windsurfing are excellent because of the strong breeze, and the sea is beautifully warm when you fall in.
- All kinds of magical creatures - from dragons to camels - appear in the sand, thanks to the work of talented sand sculptors. It's worth a walk down the beach to see these creatures.
Flights to Fuerteventura
More useful information about Corralejo
- The Catalans enjoy calcotades in late winter and early spring, which is a different kind of BBQ.
- Compared to the UK, Spain is 5 times as large, but only has 2/3 of the population.
- To see birds and plants not found anywhere else in the world, go to the Islote de Lobos Nature Reserve.
- Some well known artists that hail from Spain, include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miró.
- One of Majorca’s tourist attractions is the Coves del Drac. Take a last minute flight to Spain to see it.
- With a one way flight to Spain, you can find deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- The best months for direct flights to Spain are May, June, and September.
- In July and August, Spain is extremely hot. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate.
- Valencia has renowned museums, art collections, and it is where paella was created.
- Ibiza is known for its hedonistic resorts, electric nightlife, and fine beaches.