Cheap flights to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
Playa del Carmen has plenty to offer Mexico travelers. Miles of beautiful beaches grace the coastline while crystal blue waters call to divers looking for a little adventure. While it’s fast becoming one of the highly-visited resort areas in Mexico, Playa del Carmen hasn’t lost its sense of tranquility. Bring your snorkel gear and waterproof camera with you on your flight to Playa del Carmen – the underwater exploration is second-to-none. Book a day of diving with one of the many dive centers in the area and let witness some of the most amazing reef and cave sites undersea. Get your land legs back for a stroll through town. Souvenir shops and bars and cafes line the main drag and the nightlife will get you moving. Whatever your reason for booking flights to Playa del Carmen, it’s sure to be a vacation you’ll remember forever.
Playa Del Carmen Travel Information
- Go to Alux, one of the many bars on the lively Quinta Avenida. Alux is special because it is in a cave, so make sure you see it even if you end up somewhere else.
- Visit Tulum one of the ancient ruined cities of the Mayan civilization. It is not the largest but is close to Playa del Carmen and is one of the best preserved, and all the more dramatic because it overlooks the sea and a rocky hillside. Why did the Mayans die out?
- Swim with dolphins at Xcaret the best known nature park. You can also scuba dive, and dive in caverns, or see jaguars, manatees, sea turtles and other endangered species. Or just take it easy and lie back in a hammock in a tropical forest.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Playa Del Carmen
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Playa Del Carmen
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (NYC)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Austin (AUS)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Denver (DEN)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Boston (BOS)
- Newark (EWR)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Tampa (TPA)
- New Orleans (MSY)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Washington (WAS)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Nashville (BNA)
- St Louis (STL)
- Oakland (OAK)
- Portland (PDX)
Flights to Mexico
Useful information about Playa Del Carmen
More useful information about Playa Del Carmen
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.