Cheap flights to Aguascalientes (AGU)
When is the best time to fly to Aguascalientes?
The climate throughout the country varies, however the weather in Aguascalientes is most pleasant during the winter months of December to March, averaging approximately 20°C, with summer temperatures in the 40s. Plenty of festivals take place during the winter months, including the centuries old Festival de Mexico, Festival of the Lord of the Encino, and Festival de Calaveras.
The best time to visit Aguascalientes is also the cheapest time to visit, during the winter season of December to March, as the festive period keeps most potential tourists at home. Flights and hotel prices are often at a yearly low throughout December, and with plenty of available hotel rooms, guests are in a good position to barter the prices down.
The city of Aguascalientes is situated within the southern part of the state with the same name, and is full of cultural, historical, and modern metropolitan attractions. Aguascalientes has been recognised several times as the city with the best quality of life in Latin America. Many parts of Aguascalientes, particularly the town centre filled with many historical attractions, retain a historical flavour as the city was founded in 1575. The city is located centrally in Mexico, with good transport links throughout the rest of the country and Latin America. Adventurous visitors to Aguascalientes will be ideally placed to travel to nearby cities such as San Luis Potosi, León, Centro, and Guadalajara. As a cultural and historic city in the Americas, Aguascalientes is full of museums, landmarks, and plenty of modern attractions such as shopping streets and restaurants. As a large metropolitan city, Aguascalientes has many restaurants, market stalls and boutiques in the city centre and surrounding area. Visitors with an appreciation for history and culture will be spoilt for choice, as just in the city centre there is Templo de San Antonio, Palace of Gobierno, Plaza Patria y Exedra, and more quirky and niche museums such as the Museum of Death. The more active amongst the visitors will enjoy the Valladolid Water Park, or enjoy a football match at the Estadio Victoria. There is a thriving nightlife to be found in Aguascalientes, with plenty of bars and restaurants coming to life after hours, particularly around cosy establishments such as the Woodstock Bar.
Getting around Aguascalientes
Aguascalientes is one of the most bicycle-friendly cities in Mexico, and is a cost effective way of getting around the city. There are plenty of bus stops around Aguascalientes, which also connect to different municipalities and other cities.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Airport arrivals will land at Aguascalientes International Airport, a mere 16 miles (26 km) from the city. Visitors can reach Aguascalientes by taxi, an airport provided shuttle service, or car hire. Highway 45 connects the airport directly to Aguascalientes. Taxi and shuttle services are fixed price, however there may be scope to barter the price with car rentals.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Aguascalientes
USA departure airports for flights to Aguascalientes
Interesting information about Aguascalientes
More useful information about Aguascalientes
- Many adventure travelers find fun in Mexico ziplining through jungles.
- Eat Mexican food that you haven't had before when you are there such as chiles rellenos, tlayudas and tamales.
- Last minute flights to Mexico City will have you arrive at one of the largest, most complex cities in the world.
- For hiking, The Copper Canyon offers trails and views of over 800 foot Basaseachi Waterfall.
- Direct Mexico flights give you a chance to visit Playa del Carmen, one of its best-known resort towns.
- Between July and September, Mexico's southern coast resorts are packed with tourists.
- A top attraction, Chichén Itzá is amongst the greatest surviving monuments of the Mayan civilization.
- Take a non-stop flight to Mexico and stay in the land where chocolate was invented.
- When booking Mexico flights, considering planning an all-inclusive vacation in Riveria Maya or Cozumel.
- Cancun is a popular spring break destination for college students.