US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands: 801-401-2200 / International: Find contact numbers at https://customersupport.spirit.com/hc/en-us/articles/202097826-How-can-I-contact-Spirit-Airlines-
General Customer Service:CustomerSupport@Spirit.com
For more pressing issues:
Customer Relations Manager
Sr. Director Operations Control Center
President and CEO
2800 Executive Way
Miramar, FL 33025
You can find Spirit Air on the following social media website:
Spirit Airlines does not currently have a verified presence on other social media services (e.g., Facebook, Google+, Instagram, etc.)
Mobile Airline Apps:
Spirit Air does not currently offer dedicated apps for mobile devices, such as iOS or Android.
Customers may check in online and print boarding passes starting 24 hours before scheduled departure, but no later than one hour prior to departure. A $10 fee applies to have an agent print a boarding pass at the airport..
Customers are encouraged to arrive at the airport two hours prior to scheduled departure for domestic flights and at least three hours prior to departure for international flights. Passengers are required to be checked in at least 30 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights, and 60 minutes prior to departure for international flights.
Unlike many other airlines, Spirit Airlines does not offer free carry-on baggage. If you expect to carry-on a bag, selecting this option during online booking or before online check-in will save you money. Your carry-on may be up to 22 x 18 x 10 inches including handles and wheels, and it will cost you $35 if selected online. If you decide to add a carry-on during online check-in, the cost is $45. Carry-ons declared at the airport's group desk are charged $50. Finally, if you have a last minute carry-on, it will cost $100 at the gate.
For the first checked bag:
Online booking/before online check-in: $30
During online check-in: $40
At airport's group desk: $45
At the gate: $100
Second checked bag:
Online booking/before online check-in: $40
During online check-in: $50
At airport's group desk: $55
At the gate: $100
Each additional bag:
Online booking/before online check-in: $85
During online check-in: $95
At airport's group desk: $100
At the gate: $100
There are no specific fees for "fragile" luggage
Sports / oversized items, etc
Surf Board (Maximum of 2 surfboards in one bag): $100
Golf Clubs: Same as checked bags, overweight charges may apply
Skis/Snowboards: Same as checked bags, overweight charges may apply
41 – 50 lbs. (18 – 23 kg) $25
51 – 70 lbs. (23 - 32 kg) $50
71 – 99 lbs. (32 - 45 kg) $100
More than 62 linear inches (158 cm) $100
More than 80 linear inches (203 cm) $150
*All luggage fees apply each way.
The Deluxe Leather seats on Spirit Airlines flights offer ample legroom. However, purchasing a Big Front Seat will provide you with up to 32% more legroom than the traditional seats.
Assigned seating at check in is free. Seat assignments requested in advance will come with a fee between $1 and $50 per seat.
Big Front Seats (with advanced booking) will incur a $12 to $199 fee per seat.
Big Front Seats purchased as an onboard upgrade will incur a $25 to $75 fee per seat.
Big Front Seats
Customers can change reservations 24 hours or more before a flight’s scheduled departure time.
Modifying or canceling a reservation online will incur a $115 fee per customer per booking.
Modifying or canceling a reservation at the airport will incur a $125 fee per customer per booking.
Modifying or canceling a group reservation will incur a $50 fee per customer per booking.
The name change fee is $70 per customer per booking.
An infant younger than two years old may fly in an adult’s lap for free. When booking a reservation, indicate to Spirit that you will be traveling with a lap child.
No discounted fares.
Spirit Airlines allows domestic dogs, cats, and small household birds* to board the customer cabin. Pets must be in crate, and the cost is $100 per animal (up to four animals per person).
Standard baggage allowances apply. An instrument can be carried on if it complies with carry-on luggage restrictions. A separate seat may also be purchased for a large or fragile instrument that can’t be checked.
Food and drinks are available for purchase using a debit or credit card. Cash is not accepted.
You can earn miles on every flight by using your FREE SPIRIT number during booking. Additional miles can be earned by using your FREE SPIRIT MasterCard. Two miles are earned for each dollar spent in addition to 100% of miles flown.
Partner air miles
FREE SPIRIT miles can be earned by making purchases with your FREE SPIRIT MasterCard, or by using the following services:
FREE SPIRIT dining - Sign up for FREE SPIRIT dining and earn 5 miles for every dollar spent at over 10,000 qualifying restaurants, clubs, and bars.
Hertz Car Rental - Earn 50 miles per day for rentals up to 4 days and 500 miles for rentals of 5 or more days.
Budget Rental Car - Save up to 30% off, plus earn triple FREE SPIRIT miles.
Avis Rental Car - Get up to 35% off, plus 50 FREE SPIRIT miles per rental on 4 days or less and 500 miles on rentals over 5 days.
Choice Hotels - Earn 250 miles for each eligible stay in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Mexico, Australia, Asia and the Caribbean.
Snacks are available onboard for a fee. Prices range from $1 to $10 depending on the item.
Drinks are available onboard for a fee. Prices range from $1 to $15 depending on the drink.
Spirit Airlines is owned by Oaktree Capital Management.
Areas Served by Spirit Airlines:
Bermuda and the Caribbean:
• Oranjestad (Queen Beatrix International Airport)
• Nassau (Lynden Pindling International Airport)
• San Salvador Island (San Salvador Airport)
• Punta Cana (Punta Cana International Airport) Seasonal
• Santiago (Cibao International Airport)
• Santo Domingo (Las Américas International Airport)
• Port-au-Prince (Toussaint Louverture International Airport)
• Kingston (Norman Manley International Airport) Seasonal
•Montego Bay (Sangster International Airport)
• Aguadilla (Rafael Hernández Airport)
• San Juan (Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport)
• Princess Juliana International Airport
United States Virgin Islands
• St. Thomas (Cyril E. King Airport)
• San José de Costa Rica (Juan Santamaría International Airport)
• Guatemala City (La Aurora International Airport)
• San Pedro Sula (Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport)
• Managua (Augusto C. Sandino International Airport)
• Panama City (Tocumen International Airport)
• San Salvador (Monseñor Óscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport)
Baja California Sur
• Cabo San Lucas (Los Cabos International Airport)
• Cancún (Cancún International Airport)
State of Mexico
• Toluca (Lic. Adolfo López Mateos International Airport)
• Phoenix (Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport)
• Los Angeles (Los Angeles International Airport)
• Oakland (Oakland International Airport)
• San Diego (San Diego International Airport)
• Denver (Denver International Airport)
District of Columbia
•See Maryland for Washington, D.C., service
• Fort Lauderdale (Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport) Base
• Fort Myers (Southwest Florida International Airport)
• Orlando (Orlando International Airport)
• Tampa (Tampa International Airport)
• West Palm Beach (Palm Beach International Airport) Seasonal
• Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport)
• Chicago (O'Hare International Airport)
• Kansas City (Kansas City International Airport)
• New Orleans - Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
• Baltimore (Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport)
• Boston (Logan International Airport)
• Detroit (Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport)
• Minneapolis/St. Paul (Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport)
• Las Vegas (McCarran International Airport)
• Atlantic City (Atlantic City International Airport)
• New York City (LaGuardia Airport)
• Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls International Airport)
• Plattsburgh (Plattsburgh International Airport)
• Portland (Portland International Airport)
• Latrobe (Arnold Palmer Regional Airport)
• Philadelphia - Philadelphia International Airport
• Myrtle Beach (Myrtle Beach International Airport)
• Dallas (Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport)
• Houston (George Bush Intercontinental Airport)
• Charleston (Yeager Airport) Seasonal
• Armenia (El Edén International Airport)
• Bogotá (El Dorado International Airport)
• Cartagena (Rafael Núñez International Airport)
• Medellín (José María Córdova International Airport)
• Lima (Jorge Chávez International Airport)
What is Spirit Airlines' phone number?
Flight Information: 801.401.2222, Option 1
New Reservations: 801.401.2200
Existing Reservations: 801.401.2222
$9 Fare Club: 801.401.2299
FREE SPIRIT: 801.401.2210
What is Spirit Airlines check in policy?
You may check in online up to 24 hours in advance of your flight or upon arrival at the airport
What are Spirit Airlines' baggage fees?
The baggage fees vary. For a complete list of baggage fees, visit Spirit Airlines.
Does Spirit Airlines charge for carry-ons?
Yes. Fees vary based on when the carry-on is claimed.
What other Spirit Airlines fees are there?
There is an optional seat assignment fee. All other fees are standard to airlines (overweight baggage, pet fee, etc.)
What is Spirit Airlines' cancellation policy?
Spirit Airlines' offers free cancellation within 24 hours of reservations made 7 days in advance of travel.