Cheap flights to Sabiha Gokcen (SAW)
Named after the world’s first female combat pilot, Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW) is located 22 miles (35 km) south-east of the center of Istanbul, on the Asian side of the bi-continental city. Built in response to ever rising numbers of visitors to Istanbul, the airport handled about 11 million passengers in 2010.
Comprising one newly built terminal for both international and domestic arrivals and departures, Sabiha Gokcen International has a capacity of 25 million passengers (which it expects to reach by 2023) and a host of shops, facilities and services that are on par with global standards. In 2010, it was awarded the title “World’s Best Airport” at the World Low Cost Airlines Congress in London.
With a light rail link scheduled to be completed at the end of 2011 (reducing traveling time to the city to 29 minutes), as well as an extensive array of existing transport options available to and from the city, Sabiha Gokcen International is a convenient gateway to Istanbul and surrounds. Moreover, friendly and efficient staff make it a pleasure to visit.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Sabiha Gokcen
USA departure airports for flights to Sabiha Gokcen
Useful information about Sabiha Gokcen
More useful information about Sabiha Gokcen
- When your direct flight to Turkey arrives, you’ll be in a country of mystery and mystique.
- If you’re looking for quick trips, and opportunities to met locals, hop on one of the Dolmuses (minibuses).
- Find a cheap one way flight to Turkey and enjoy the Turkish hospitality while you savor all the history.
- Turkey’s proximity to both the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts make for scorching and arid summers.
- For high rollers, Nisantasi may be a great first stop straight from your Turkey flight.
- The country is divided between Europe and the Middle East and is a melting pot of sacred sites for many religions.
- When booking last minute flights to Turkey; the more sun there is, the more tourists there are.
- Ortaköy literally means “village in the middle,” and is quickly becoming a chic destination.