Cheap flights to Mangalore, India
When is the best time to fly to Mangalore?
Summers in this region of India are hot (sometimes making it difficult to make extended tourist trips), whilst the winters are temperate and pleasant with low humidity, so temperature might be a key consideration when you are deciding what time of year to visit. There is a lot of rainfall in Mangalore during the monsoon season of June to September, making sightseeing difficult. The months of December, January, and February offer the best climate for visitors. Travel during the school holidays is also likely to be more expensive than during off-peak seasons. Visit the city during a festival such as Diwali to get into the party mood!
Modern architecture and a fun, friendly urban atmosphere complete with great eating places and a good nightlife, jostle with ancient temples and cathedrals in historic Mangalore. Make sure to visit the gilded, intricate Kadri Manjunath Temple whilst in the city. The Kudroli Gokarnath Temple with its spacious grounds and elegant water features is another great place for a photo and a few minutes' quiet contemplation. If it is natural beauty you are after, then head down to Sammilan Shetty's Butterfly Park. This extensive and family-friendly park is brilliant for getting up close to some amazing and exotic butterflies. Mangalore is also ideally situated for those who love the coast line, as it is a very short drive or even walk (depending on where your hotel is) to the beach. Tannirbhavi Beach is renowned for its spectactular sunsets and its long stretches of coast line, whilst Panambur Beach is a colourful, popular place for children to try swimming or boating with kid size inflatables. Take a stroll down to the NITK Lighthouse for a romantic evening out, and make sure to snap a picture of one of the city's key coastal landmarks while you're there.
Getting around Mangalore
There is a public bus network in Mangalore, and plenty of taxis that you can hop into as well. Driving can be rather hectic and erratic in Mangalore, as it is in India in general, so it may be best to leave the driving to a chauffeur or taxi driver rather than attempting to navigate the city's roads yourself. Many of the city centre attractions can be reached and explored on foot.
Getting from the Airport to the City
Mangalore airport is the closest airport to the city. Taxis are the main source of transport from the airport to the city centre. A bus service was briefly introduced, but discontinued after protests from the taxi drivers. Team up with other passengers to reduce the cost of your taxi fare, and agree the price with the driver beforehand if you are unsure. Hiring a car is another option: you can arrange for your hire car to be waiting for you at the airport if you prefer.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Mangalore
USA departure airports for flights to Mangalore
Useful information about Mangalore
More useful information about Mangalore
- While there, see the wild life in its natural habitat at Kaziranga National Park.
- Take a last minute flight to see the Sun Temple of Konark which was constructed in the 13th century.
- Visitors to India most frequently fly into Indira Ghandi Airport in Delhi.
- Book direct flights to India to visit the Taj Mahal or walk the picturesque beaches in Goa.
- Generally, the best time to take a one way flight to India is January through September.
- Instead of Bombay, India's citizens prefer their capital city to be referred to as Mumbai.
- Chess was invented in India in the 6th century, during the Gupta Empire.
- Delhi, India’s capital, has thousands of years of history in its buildings and streets.
- India is bordered by the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, and Indian Ocean.