Cheap flights to Guyana
With its breathtaking natural beauty, ecotourism is the most popular reason to book a cheap flight to Guyana. The lure of beautiful beaches, spellbinding rainforests, and sparkling waterfalls beckon the outdoor-oriented traveler.
Located just north of the equator, the climate in Guyana is tropically hot and humid but moderated by northeast trade winds. There are two rainy seasons (May to mid-August; mid-November to mid-January), and flash floods are a hazard during those times.
Best Time to Fly to Guyana
The best time to visit is at the end of the rainy seasons, so either late August or late January is recommended. The national holiday on Feb. 23 is a can’t-miss event, and as it is in the middle of the dry season inland travel is easier than at other times.
Getting around Guyana
Taxis are a good way to traverse the capital of Georgetown. Minibuses run throughout the country, but tourists are advised not to travel these at night. Water taxis negotiate the rivers that crisscross the country, and visitors can also rent cars. Prices for all modes of travel should be considered negotiable.
Guyana Travel Information
First colonized by the Dutch, then the British, and with cultural influences including India and China as well as its own native peoples, Guyana is a diverse country without a strong central ethnic identity. Today a large portion of locals are Muslims, and visitors should expect to encounter restaurants that do not permit smoking and drinking. Of course, they will also find local Caribbean rum and the popular Banks beer in plenty of other establishments.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Guyana
USA departure airports for flights to Guyana
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Guyana
- New York (NYC)
- Miami (MIA)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Newark (EWR)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Washington (WAS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Hartford (BDL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Bridgetown (BGI)
More useful information about Guyana
- There are many rare animal species in Guyana such as the giant otter and harpy eagle.
- Many one way flights to Guyana arrive at Cheddi Jagan International Airport (GEO).
- It once was a colony of the Dutch and was ruled by the British for over 200 years.
- Shell Beach lies along the northwest coast and it is a major breeding area for sea turtles.
- Book a direct flight to Guyana to see St. George's Anglican Cathedral.
- Nature lovers take last minute flights to Guyana because more than 80% of the country is covered by forests.
- The nation of Guyana is located on the northern coast of South America.
- Guyana's culture is very similar to that of the English-speaking Caribbean nations.