Load the family on a cheap flight to Bulgaria, where you can visit Sunny Beach, “where families come first.” This large sea resort is located 22 miles north of Bourgas on the Black Sea Riviera. You can relax after your Bulgaria flight on a five-mile strip of beach, one of the best on the coast. The resort is protected by the Balkan Mountains on the north and offers a warm Mediterranean climate and wonderful swimming areas. Plenty of activities and entertainment options fill up any free time, so you’ll never get bored. Consider a day trip to any of the surrounding area’s attractions.
Sunny Beach Travel Information
- Locally this resort is called Slunchev Bryag and has the longest stretch of beach in Bulgaria. Most of the hotels are grouped around the southern end, so move further north if you want to get away from the crowds.
- Water skiing, banana boats, paragliding, jetski: there is every imaginable type of water sport plus an outdoor theater and cinema, competitions, and folklore shows in the local restaurants as well as bars.
- Have a spa treatment. Locally it is called balneotherapy and you can have any number of amazing treatments including mud treatments, seaweed wrap, ozone and oxygen therapy, use of sea water for massage, plus aromatherapy and sunlight therapy. Bulgaria has more than 250 mineral spas.
Flights to Bulgaria
More useful information about Sunny Beach
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.