Cheap flights to Costa Blanca
Lying on the eastern coast of Spain, the Costa Blanca draws millions of tourists each year to its turquoise waters and miles of white sandy beaches. Alicante is the capital and major city on this stretch of coast, but it is Benidorm that attracts the most visitors and this is the place to go for those looking for a lively and entertaining holiday with hundreds of bars and all-night clubs catering mainly for British tourists. However there is more to the Costa Blanca than crowded beach resorts - within the mountainous interior are a series of fascinating medieval towns and fortified villages which have been largely unaffected by modern development.
Costa Blanca Travel Information
- Did your flight to Costa Blanca leave you hungry for something other than plane food? You’re in luck: Costa Blanca is arguably the best spot in Spain to sample paella, the traditional Spanish rice, mixed seafood and vegetable dish stewed in saffron. Costa Blanca’s location on the Mediterranean provides the freshest shellfish, which helps make Alicante and the other towns along the coast Spain’s premier paella-serving places.
- If you booked your Costa Blanca flight during the off-season, check out some of the festivals that’ll be taking place in Alicante and other towns throughout the region. Semana Santa (Holy Week) is popular with tourists for the processions that take place throughout Spain, and Costa Blanca is no exception; another popular Spanish festival is Moros y Cristianos (Moors and Christians), where locals dress as Moors and Christians to reenact battles from the Crusades. The best reason to book cheap flights to Costa Blanca besides the beaches would be Las Fallas, the incendiary festival that takes place in Valencia each March with impressive fireworks shows and sensational street art..
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
USA departure airports for flights to Costa Blanca
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Costa Blanca
- Atlanta (ATL)
Flights to Spain
More useful information about Costa Blanca
- The Catalans enjoy calcotades in late winter and early spring, which is a different kind of BBQ.
- Compared to the UK, Spain is 5 times as large, but only has 2/3 of the population.
- To see birds and plants not found anywhere else in the world, go to the Islote de Lobos Nature Reserve.
- Some well known artists that hail from Spain, include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Joan Miró.
- One of Majorca’s tourist attractions is the Coves del Drac. Take a last minute flight to Spain to see it.
- With a one way flight to Spain, you can find deals if you are flexible with your dates.
- The best months for direct flights to Spain are May, June, and September.
- In July and August, Spain is extremely hot. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate.
- Valencia has renowned museums, art collections, and it is where paella was created.
- Ibiza is known for its hedonistic resorts, electric nightlife, and fine beaches.