Set amid beautiful hills that hide ancient villas and old castles, Bratislava is one of the most historically exciting places to visit. Its renowned Old Town is completely free from traffic, so you can have a wonderful time exploring the streets on foot. In this city, you will find the usual municipal art galleries and museums, such as the Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum. But Bratislava is also home to some very quirky museums too, such as the Museum of Clocks and the Pharmacy Museum: both brilliant places to bring the family. In good weather, a trip down the Danube is highly recommended. Hop on one of the smooth sailing boats on the river and enjoy unrivalled views of the city. A trip down the Danube can also bring you straight to the fascinating castle ruins at Devín. This city is also a great place for exploring cafes and restaurants, and for sampling traditional Slovakian cuisine and cafe culture. Hviezdoslavovo Square is one of the most popular places for enjoying a glass of wine in a bar or a cup of coffee or hot chocolate outside a cafe. If you fancy a scenic walk, then one great idea is to hike up to the Soviet Memorial in the hills as this is the highest vantage point in the region and provides you with unrivalled views over the city.
Best Time to Fly to Bratislava
Bratislava has so much to offer all year round, with a romantic seclusion in the winter (December to February) and a wonderfully warm climate in the summer (June to August), so it depends what you are looking for. Visit outside of the school holidays (especially Christmas) to take advantage of the cheapest deals. If you want to experience Bratislava at its most vibrant, then why not visit during the annual New Year's Eve Party? This party is free to all, and is a memorable way of welcoming in the new hopes and resolutions of the year to come.
Getting around Bratislava
Bratislava has an expansive public transport network, and you can get free rides on public transport if you sign up for a Bratislava City Card. Ticket inspectors in this city are renowned for being strict though so make sure to pay the correct fare. As the Old Town is a pedestrian only zone, with no traffic, you can also have a wonderful time seeing some of the key historic sites of the city on your own two feet. And by far the most romantic way to travel is by taking a boat trip down the Danube!
Flight deals to Bratislava
USA departure airports for flights to Bratislava
Interesting information about Bratislava
More useful information about Bratislava
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.
Other user searches
- Fort Lauderdale to Hawaii
- Flights New York to Indianapolis International
- Carlsbad to San Francisco flights
- Tahiti flights
- Flights from Dallas to Los Angeles
- Cheap Hawaiian Airlines flights
- Flights to Ho Chi Minh City
- Asia from Funter Bay
- Clarksburg to Hawaii cheap flights
- Flights from Fresno to Los Angeles