The mantra remains the same: fly when others don’t and save significantly. If you can’t make it home to see family and friends for Thanksgiving this year that doesn’t mean you can’t pay them an early visit – and do it in such as way that it won’t bust your budget. Consider a couple of sales going on this coming weekend form Delta and United/Continental.
Book and buy on Delta by Nov. 12. Then, fly out Saturday Nov. 12. Return the following Monday Nov. 14 or Tuesday Nov. 15. Do that, and understand these each way rates are predicated upon a round-trip purchases. Taxes and fees are not included.
- Atlanta flights to Asheville are $59.
- Atlanta flights to Salt Lake City are $139.
- Atlanta flights to Panama City, Fla. Are $59.
- Boston flights to Indianapolis are $99.
- Charlotte flights to Detroit are $89.
- Hartford flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul are $99.
- Los Angeles flights to Cincinnati are $139.
- Memphis flights to New York are $99.
- Salt Lake City flights to New York are $139.
- Seattle/Tacoma flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul are $119.
United/Continental is offering weekend deals too. Purchase round-trip passage (that’s how these fare are listed) no later than Friday Nov. 11. Fly out Friday after 7 p.m. or all day Saturday Nov. 12. Return Monday Nov. 14 or Tuesday Nov. 15. Taxes and fees are not included.
- Akron/Canton flights to Chicago are $139.
- Albuquerque flights to Washington, DC are $299.
- Baltimore flights to Houston are $299.
- Charleston, SC flights to Chicago are $199.
- Chicago flights to Montreal are $230.
- Colorado Springs flights to Los Angeles are $249.
- Denver flights to Dallas/Fort Worth are $199.
- Dayton flights to New York/Newark are $199.
- Houston flights to Washington, DC are $299.
- Milwaukee flights to New York/Newark are $199.
Do you plan on flying to see family and friends before the Thanksgiving holiday and beating the rush? Let us know.
Story by Jerry Chandler