Cheap flights to Accra, Ghana
Accra has some fascinating anthropological exhibits and impressive fine art pieces, while the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum and Museum commemorates Ghana’s first President. Jamestown is good to explore for those interested in the city’s history. Bustling Makola Market sells traditional African food and other essentials. Interesting landmarks include Independence Square and Osu Castle. Labadi Beach is one of the city’s most popular beaches and regularly puts on music events – tourists not staying at one of the beach's hotels pay an entrance fee.
Most visitors to Accra do not encounter problems, but it is always worth taking basic precautions. Avoid carrying large amounts of money and stick to known tourist destinations. Thefts may occur at beaches, ATMs and at the airport. Confirm the driver’s ID if being picked up at the airport.
Best Time to Fly to Accra
Accra has two rainy seasons: first one between April and mid-July and second one in October. March is generally the hottest month and colder weather is prevalent in August but overall there is very little variation on the temperature which sits around mid-70s (F) all year.
Getting around Accra
Accra’s attractions are quite spread out, so renting a car and driver for the day can work out to be a money saver. Bigger car hire companies have offices at larger hotels and at Labadi Beach. Taxis can be flagged down and prices should be negotiated beforehand. Tro-tros are public minibuses and cheap, but they are frequently overcrowded and often slow.
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Accra
USA departure airports for flights to Accra
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Accra
- New York (NYC)
- Washington (WAS)
- Boston (BOS)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Chicago (CHI)
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Newark (EWR)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Denver (DEN)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Baltimore (BWI)
- Columbus (CMH)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Detroit (DTT)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Miami (MIA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- St Louis (STL)
- Nashville (BNA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- Madison (MSN)
- Richmond (RIC)
- Portland (PDX)
- Norfolk (ORF)
This is useful information about Accra
More useful information about Accra
- Kumasi, in the center of the country, is the second-biggest town and the seat of the old Ashanti region.
- The majority of direct flights to Ghana land in Accra, the country’s capital city.
- Lying just north of the equator, last minute flights to Ghana will get you to a tropical land.
- Kakum National Park features canopy walkways and nature trails, and is a must-see destination stop for eco-travelers.
- Ghana boasts extensive natural parks; the most famous is Mole National Park.
- Once there, minibuses called Tro-tros are a cheap and interesting way to get around.
- If you take a one way flight to Ghana, be sure to visit the old slave forts in Cape Coast and Elmina.
- Hissing is a local means of greeting in Ghana, so don't be alarmed on the street.
Other user searches
- Cheap flights from Detroit to Moscow
- Chicago to Honolulu
- Cheap flights to Canada from Latrobe
- Flights from Sacramento to Pendleton
- France airport information
- Cancun airport
- Cheap flights to Australia
- Cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap flights Turks and Caicos Islands
- Flights from San Diego to Miami