Cheap flights to Varna (VAR)
The history of Varna International Airport goes back to 1916, when it was just two sheds set up for mail flights to what was already a Bulgarian maritime hub. Although Varna is still considered a small airport by today’s standards, it has grown tremendously into five terminals that together handle more than 1.2 million passengers per year.
Few routes include stopovers in Varna, so flights to Varna International Airport are how most people access the Bulgarian beach resorts of the Black Sea coast, including Golden Sands and Sunny Beach.
Airport services are efficient and the staff is friendly, so you can be confident that your Bulgarian holiday will start and end smoothly.
From 15 October 2011 until 28 February 2012, Varna airport will be closed for a reconstruction of the runaway
Join for free and get our tailored newsletters full of hot travel deals.Sign up now
Flight deals to Varna
Useful information about Varna
More useful information about Varna
- Booking a last minute flight to Europe will get you there in time for Oktoberfest in Germany.
- If you are planning an extended stay, then taking a one way flight to Europe may be the best choice.
- Find student travel deals and explore Europe cheaply.
- If you’re driving, consider renting a diesel. Diesels often get better mileage than other cars.
- Some non-typical European destinations include The Netherlands, which has a rich history as a world power.
- Consider booking flights to Europe to visit friends or family while they study abroad during college.
- Trains run throughout mainland Europe and, since the Eurotunnel, also connect France to the UK.
- Hundred of airports throughout the continent serve international travelers for direct flights to Europe.
- If you are under 26 years old or a teacher, you can visit the Louvre museum in Paris for free!
- Great capital cities to visit across European countries include Athens, Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Rome.